Flares & Flaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I know I don't want pocket flares, just don't look right on red to me unless the truck is massive. So I'm thinking I want the 2500 or 3500 flares, whichever goes the lowest on the front bumper.

My question is, who is running 2500 style flares with mud flaps? Post some pics if you would and say something about how you installed them. Want to know what to expect if I go this route. I gotta do something to protect the body a little when I put my 35's on.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont beleive you can run mud flaps with flares? I know I had to remove the plastic trim peice that goes where the flaps would.

Also, if you're looking for the flare that goes down the lowest on the front bumper that would be the 1500 flares. The 2500/3500 flares stop at the headlights

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I dont beleive you can run mud flaps with flares? I know I had to remove the plastic trim peice that goes where the flaps would.

Also, if you're looking for the flare that goes down the lowest on the front bumper that would be the 1500 flares. The 2500/3500 flares stop at the headlights

Now I remember, you're right about the flare. I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple guys get mud flaps to work with flares though.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Husky and WeatherTech both make molded flaps, specifically made for the OE flares. I had picked up a set of the Husky's to go with my 2500 flares, but unfortunately had to sell both before I even got them mounted, so unfortunately no pics. I did a quick test fit though, fit like a glove.