Flatbed on a 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrasherAsher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My Rousey (2009 5.7) has basically become my weekend ******/camper tower/odd job/400 gallon water hauler. It's not my daily driver, my daily is actually a 2014 kia soul good little car. If you read my intro i posted about my truck you will understand why I will never sell it and the love I have for my truck is on par with my kids some say it is my 2nd wife. but I have been flirting with the idea for awhile about putting a flatbed on my truck. from a practical point it will be way easier to load unload cargo, I have hard time getting in and out of my bed I think a flat bed will make it easier for me to get on and move cargo around. IF i go alumunium weight won't be a issue and i already have bags on my truck so not really worried about weight to much. I like the looks of a flatbed, my truck bed right now is full of dents and pin striping. and my rear bumper looks like braille form all the trailers I "accidently" backed into to find the ball. Aesthetically it will be an improvement on my truck lol. the real only Con i can think of at this time is money. Do you guys know any who is running a 1500 with a flat bed or know anyone who makes them? I know there is CM truck beds but I only saw beds for the 2500 and up. What do you guys think is there a Con i am overlooking?

Realley you cant say beat er

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sure you can do it and your thinking is correct. You want to go with aluminum vs. steel.

CM's AL RS flat deck can be made to fit your truck according to CM's site information.

Here are a couple of other sources you could check into:

Winkel Flatbeds

PJ Trailers