Flexible engine oil dip stick.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looking to get a flexible engine oil dip stick Any opinions, options and links anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lokar P/n ED 5015-24. Says it doesn't fit but it does. Do a search for, "dipstick" and you'll find some more information on it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I really like that one especially it’s placement but I have the VR and I think that would definitely be in its way

If you can get at a stock dipstick with your vararam,you can get at my dipstick,it's in basically the same spot as the stock dipstick is. It'd be easy enough to mount in a differant spot though.I just mounted it roughly where the factory dipstick was located,but it could easily be moved farther over to the drivers side if you wanted.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still want a BGE block taken out to 422 and a 8HP90 behind it,lol.Don't forsee that happening for awhile though,as the wifes 1320 is taking my modding budget these days,lol
I just want a low compression bge block with ported heads and a supercharger... how’s you get the 31”? I’ve been looking at the 24” and see people mount it up to the brake booster

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I just want a low compression bge block with ported heads and a supercharger... how’s you get the 31”? I’ve been looking at the 24” and see people mount it up to the brake booster

I'm not a fan of aftermarket blowers,i've never had good luck with boosted motors lasting,always had better luck keeping a nitrous motor together.Might be because of the way i drive them,there's 2 positions to the gas pedal in my toys,"idle" and "wide open" no in between,and boosted motors don't like that,lol. I can leave the bottle off on my nitrous motors on a daily basis and beat the **** out of the engine,and turn the bottle on when racing and the engine will live for a 100,000 miles ,lol.
Easy to get at the bottle in my truck,it's under the suitcase,behind the drivers seat,very easy to turn it on,lol

Custom ordered the dipstick years ago Khris,guys claim they've had issues trying to get a custom Lokar dipstick,but i never had any issues getting mine ,but that's going on 6 years ago now,plus i also dealt with their custom shop by phone,and told them i wanted it with Challenger ends on it,and 31" in between ends for a custom turbo set-up on a Challenger,"Do Not" tell them it's for a truck,they're automatic answer will be "No" ,lol. It wasn't cheap though,as even a 1/2 dozen years ago it set me back $200.00 Canadian,and our dollar was worth alot more at the time then it is today,not sure what they'd charge for it south of the border now.
If i was doing it again,i'd have it made 34" or 35" long just to bring it a little closer to the front of the engine

DSCN3825.JPG

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not a fan of aftermarket blowers,i've never had good luck with boosted motors lasting,always had better luck keeping a nitrous motor together.Might be because of the way i drive them,there's 2 positions to the gas pedal in my toys,"idle" and "wide open" no in between,and boosted motors don't like that,lol. I can leave the bottle off on my nitrous motors on a daily basis and beat the **** out of the engine,and turn the bottle on when racing and the engine will live for a 100,000 miles ,lol.
Easy to get at the bottle in my truck,it's under the suitcase,behind the drivers seat,very easy to turn it on,lol

Custom ordered the dipstick years ago Khris,guys claim they've had issues trying to get a custom Lokar dipstick,but i never had any issues getting mine ,but that's going on 6 years ago now,plus i also dealt with their custom shop by phone,and told them i wanted it with Challenger ends on it,and 31" in between ends for a custom turbo set-up on a Challenger,"Do Not" tell them it's for a truck,they're automatic answer will be "No" ,lol. It wasn't cheap though,as even a 1/2 dozen years ago it set me back $200.00 Canadian,and our dollar was worth alot more at the time then it is today,not sure what they'd charge for it south of the border now.
If i was doing it again,i'd have it made 34" or 35" long just to bring it a little closer to the front of the engine

View attachment 242540
Low compression and mild boost. 8-12 psi. Figuring 550-600 hp off a bge block should be decent. And shouldn’t be to bad on wear and tear with a fully built engine and coated pistons. Truck only gets 6000 miles a year tops. For now. Till I get my camping setup together and start traveling. Eventually I’ll probably hit Canada too.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Build a 422/426 cube BGE block Khris and dump the blower idea,it'll be cheaper and more reliable in the long run.With a set of good heads ported for torque and matching cam,it'll easily make 520+lb-ft and will live forever. Torque is what turns tires,lol.A belt driven blower stress's the end of the crank,and is that many more parts to break down when you're in the middle of nowhere.When you're in the back country and something in the blower or drive goes south, you're in a bind. In the back country is where you really want to apply the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid,lol),the less rotating parts to break down the better,lol

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wild one do you have a part number?

Also does the handle come off? I would like to powdercoat it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Wild one do you have a part number?

Also does the handle come off? I would like to powdercoat it.

No part number it was custom made to my spec's 77. You can disassemble it. You can try phoning them and telling them you want a custom one made with the ends for a 2014 5.7 Challenger and you want it 34" long between the ends,to fit an oddball turbo set-up on a 2014 5.7 Challenger.Only reason i used a 2014 Challenger is that was what was new when i had them make mine up,it's been a few years,lol. You could probably up the year to a 2018 5.7 Challenger now though. Do not tell them it's for a truck,they'll tell you "no" ,lol

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
No part number it was custom made to my spec's 77. You can disassemble it. You can try phoning them and telling them you want a custom one made with the ends for a 2014 5.7 Challenger and you want it 34" long between the ends,to fit an oddball turbo set-up on a 2014 5.7 Challenger.Only reason i used a 2014 Challenger is that was what was new when i had them make mine up,it's been a few years,lol. You could probably up the year to a 2018 5.7 Challenger now though. Do not tell them it's for a truck,they'll tell you "no" ,lol
Are the hash marks the same for car & truck?

Strica

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just like G-Ride990 said . . . Lokar P/n ED 5015-24. Says it doesn't fit but it does. I installed it on my truck & it works great. I have never attached pictures but I will give it a shot. I'm VERY NEW at this forum stuff.dipstick closeup.jpg dipstick zoom out.jpg dipstick zoom out.jpg dipstick closeup.jpg dipstick zoom out.jpg