Floor center storage tray with center fold down seat mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
FrontFloorStorageTray.jpg

I'm sure someone has added this to their truck. I would like to know if it mounts to a subframe that comes from the center seat or does it bolt straight to the floor. Haven't found any youtube videos on this piece.

Thanks for any tips you can give.

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
I added one. I looked into the factory bolts that screw into the floor. You would need to cut holes in the carpet for factory fit. I just shoved it in place without any bolts. I've had it for a couple of years. It has only moved around when when I vacuum and is easy to remove to clean. Catches a lot of crap so yanking it out to clean works for me. Safety wise it would need to be bolted so it can't come lose and end up under the brake pedal, but I've never had that problem.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where do get these and are they cheap?

I am currently using a homemade one from a silverware tray..truly ghetto mod.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DELETE

My bad, that was rear seat storage under. If ne body looking, Husky just put out rear storage for $180.00

OP
OP
Dave2018

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Well, I finally got around to trying to fit it. It's not happy. The bolt legs are to long and they are keeping the tray from sitting flush with the carpet. It's about an inch to high. I must admit I've never seen one of these trays in a quad cab so it might be exclusively for the crew cab models. I'm debating cutting the legs (and thus losing the ability to bolt it to the floor board and see if it will set better. Then the issue of how to keep it in place if there is an accident is a new problem.

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
I added one. I looked into the factory bolts that screw into the floor. You would need to cut holes in the carpet for factory fit. I just shoved it in place without any bolts. I've had it for a couple of years. It has only moved around when when I vacuum and is easy to remove to clean. Catches a lot of crap so yanking it out to clean works for me. Safety wise it would need to be bolted so it can't come lose and end up under the brake pedal, but I've never had that problem.

As mentioned before your will need to cut the carpet (and padding) for a factory fit.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
If you cut the feet you can add a couple of washers with your screw. The right size washers should hold it down.

I had one of these trays in my 2016 2500. I replaced it with a Power Wagon mini console with 2 cup holders and a couple of storage compartments. Much more functional than the tray.View attachment 149854

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave2018

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
wallacemf, Thanks for your tip. For some reason the website won't let me view your attachment. Apparently I don't have enough permissions.

I was considering using some velcro strips. They grab onto the carpet pretty good.