Folding Tonneau Covers 2103 Ram 1500 5'7" box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad the Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
okay folks, I am looking for opinions (cause we know everyone has one) as well as success stories and failures with the wide variety of hard folding tonneau covers. please give me your feedback. Now I realize there is no tonneau cover that is 100% waterproof, but I would like to buy one that has the least chances of leaking from a basic rainfall...fire away ladies and gents! Please mention which make and model you have and what you like and dislike about it

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
okay folks, I am looking for opinions (cause we know everyone has one) as well as success stories and failures with the wide variety of hard folding tonneau covers. please give me your feedback. Now I realize there is no tonneau cover that is 100% waterproof, but I would like to buy one that has the least chances of leaking from a basic rainfall...fire away ladies and gents! Please mention which make and model you have and what you like and dislike about it[/

Had the OEM. It’s nice, but fades. Unlock bezel can be a bit awkward for opening. Locking can be a bit awkward too. The panel closest to the cab opens away from the cab, that’s the nicest feature.

I opted to but a Bakflip MX4. Lower profile, matte finish and UV protection is nice. Good quality.

Did a lot of research and felt like Bakflip offered the best value, security and functionality. Entire cover can be folded and secured open against the cab window for full bed access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have many options to recommend but the most popular is the Lomax. we have sold more of these than any other cover

https://www.agricover.com/lomax/

Let me know if you would like a quote on one or any other brand cover. We offer discounts and usually free shipping!

spdfrkaby

Reaction score
Ram Year
'13 CC Sport
Engine
I have the Gator Evo Bi-Fold Cover. I've had it for maybe 2.5-3'ish years with no issues. It was cheaper than all other options at the time especially with the sale. I think I picked it up for around $430 at the time. They're based out of Florida and it's Free Shipping.

https://gatorcovers.com/p/gator-evo-tonneau-cover/

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
d5996a0d2b55daca190ea3b10de9b9bc.jpg
I’m going lomax as well. Makes it very easy to remove if I need to load up the bed.

2017 RAM 1500 Laramie 4X4 Crew
from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Tonnopro trifold, it’s been in my other truck for almost 4 years without any issues, so i bought the same brand and model for the RAM, bought it used too to top it off from Amazon for $190

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Look at the bak flip g2 or their line up. That’s what I would have went with As they had great reviews and intelligent design.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Tonnopro trifold, it’s been in my other truck for almost 4 years without any issues, so i bought the same brand and model for the RAM, bought it used too to top it off from Amazon for $190

Hadn't heard of those guys...seems pretty cool, plus, they're having a big sale! Link here.

Oh, but word to the wise: no RamBox options. Dang!

TXCOMT

ljrome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hadn't heard of those guys...seems pretty cool, plus, they're having a big sale! Link here.

Oh, but word to the wise: no RamBox options. Dang!

TXCOMT

I have the TonnoPro HardFold. I love it. I have never had any leaks and the price is awesome. Wish they had that sale when I bought mine...oh well. Still worth every penny.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bakflip MX4 is another very popular option as well

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bak Revolver X2, not folding, but rolls up. Still hard, still secure, just gives better access to bed when full length is needed, while maintaing rear visibility.

Stays dry except in the carwash, then I get a few teaspoons of water inside. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dalton2425Texas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My BakFlip VP is over 4 years old and still looks good. 2014Ram-BedRugandBakFlip008_zps41d16584.jpg

This cover looks awesome! I had the BAK Revolver X2 until the underside came unglued... Running a Gator soft roll up just cause it was a quick cheap ($250) replacement, but this BAK VP is on my radar now!