Front Bumper Rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakedMech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey All,

Has anyone run into this problem before? It looks like where the upper and lower bumper come together there is some rubbing causing the paint to scrape. This is on the driver's side. On the passenger side I can fit a finger in the crack, on the Driver's side I can not.

Front Bumper.jpg

Front Bumper Close.jpg

Any ideas on what's causing this? Think I should bring it to my Dealer or outta luck?

Thanks!

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Worth a phone call or visit to the dealer if it's still under warranty. They'll probably say it's from an impact that readjusted the bumper. You never know. Check the clips or bolts that hold the bumper on.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer sent my truck to a body shop under warranty. They took it apart, repainted, put it back together and same issue coming back in. No longer under warranty.

OP
OP
BakedMech

BakedMech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: I had the dealership take a look and they found that the front bumper was not assembled correctly. The upper bumper is hitting the headlight and pushing it down on to the lower bumper. They sent it off for Chrysler to approve but the Service Advisor said it will be covered as it was an assembly error.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The bumper is adjustable to a degree, they should be able to get a gap the whole way around it.