Front Sway Bar End Links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pistol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got done installing an Eibach Pro Lift Kit on my 2014 Ram 1500 4x4. I've had a set of Suspension Maxx end links on order for 2 weeks with no shipping confirmation yet. Wondering if anyone knows of a different option for front sway bar end links? Also curious what those who are currently using the suspension maxx end links think of them?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
When I was interested in upgrading another forum post recommended the MaxxLinks.
I forget their convincing reasons but they impressed me.

I installed Maxx MaxxLink Front Sway Bar End Links - #SMX1300L on my leveled, not lifted, 2016 Eco 4x4 and like them a lot. They have good instructions and installation is easy.

Ordered mine from TruckSprings.com. They had the best price and shipped right away.

You will like them.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m still on stock endlinks with my 3” “leveling kit” and no issues. Had mevotechs but the top bushings dried out and fell apart after a few months. Swapped stocks back in and still good. I’m running eibach coils and a 1/2” top spacer. With eibach rear coils as well and core rear sway bar links 2” longer

63BB3F5D-7F90-4F33-8A25-21E474AED66C.jpeg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have both, stock lenght Spmaxx and the L's, with the L's you get an extra 1/2" travel on compression just because the sway bar inhibit some of it when one corner tucks up all the way in the air. I switched to the stock lenght because i run 37's and i need all the clearance i can get being i'm lifted about 2.75" in the front.

49223571317_3f5ff2c540_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Do not overtight the SPmaxx bushings, they should not be torqued down like stockers. Fact you don't want to crush those bushings down like you will with the factory ones. They're poly and they need to be a little loose otherwise you'll damage them.
They can be a little noisy because of this (the shaft might hit the cups and make some noise here and there). other than that they will take a beating like no other sway bar link available for our trucks out there except for the Dirt King ones :)

I replaced the stockers (they had 70k miles) with aftermarket ones that looked like stockers and the bushings lasted one day in the desert having fun in the trail. The bushings disintegrated litereally.lol
I've had the SPmaxx ones several times in the same trails with even more speed and the bushings look brand new.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have both, stock lenght Spmaxx and the L's, with the L's you get an extra 1/2" travel on compression just because the sway bar inhibit some of it when one corner tucks up all the way in the air. I switched to the stock lenght because i run 37's and i need all the clearance i can get being i'm lifted about 2.75" in the front.

49223571317_3f5ff2c540_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Do not overtight the SPmaxx bushings, they should not be torqued down like stockers. Fact you don't want to crush those bushings down like you will with the factory ones. They're poly and they need to be a little loose otherwise you'll damage them.
They can be a little noisy because of this (the shaft might hit the cups and make some noise here and there). other than that they will take a beating like no other sway bar link available for our trucks out there except for the Dirt King ones :)

I replaced the stockers (they had 70k miles) with aftermarket ones that looked like stockers and the bushings lasted one day in the desert having fun in the trail. The bushings disintegrated l litereally.lol
I've had the SPmaxx ones several times in the same trails with even more speed and the bushings look brand new.
I actually loosened up the stock bushings slightly because I noticed I was getting binding and it helped quite a bit. I can’t bring myself to buy the spmaxx unless I blow out the stocks. Didn’t realize dirt king sold a set for stock lca.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually loosened up the stock bushings slightly because I noticed I was getting binding and it helped quite a bit. I can’t bring myself to buy the spmaxx unless I blow out the stocks. Didn’t realize dirt king sold a set for stock lca.
I don't think they'll fit the stock lca. They will allow you to retain your factory front sway bar but one side of them is meant to fit their LT LCA while the other will bolt to your sway bar.