Fuel Economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gas milage is the reason I went with a Pentastar, I know, I know, it's not a Hemi

2015er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar and proud
Gas milage is the reason I went with a Pentastar, I know, I know, it's not a Hemi

I have a 2015 Laramie 4x4 quad cab with a pentastar and I ordered it for the expressed purpose of getting this configuration - 3.55 gears, 8 speed automatic transmission and the pentastar. Now, I get why people are so enthralled with the Hemi - it is a classically great motor - the best V8 on the market today in my opinion. That said this truck for me is daily driver - I have a 50 mile round trip, stop-and-go trip to work everyday and I am getting 20 mpg!!! I love this motor - if I was driving the truck less _ I probably would have ordered the Hemi but this pentastar is not much of step down - as a matter of fact my payload number is better than if I had a Hemi!

Very pleased Ram owner here - and oh by the way I also have the air suspension and it is absolutely fabulous!