fuel hostage wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
first post for me.... hello....so i got 20x10 hostages in black -24 offset for my 08 1500. 6' inch bds kit is coming soon. the wheels are just hanging out in the living room for now and those chrome fake bolts really eerked me. i was going to paint them black but after pulling them off i broke a few of the tabs. so i decided to get a lil creative. btw if u want to pull them off, just grab the sides of the f and the l on the bolts/caps and wiggle up. anyways i went to the hardware store looking for black washers, that were the same diameter as the caps. none in black so i got zinc sanded them down sprayed them satin black and baked in the oven. ran the orginal torx head stainless screw thru them and done deal. personally i think it cleans up the wheel and makes it look less cheap. what do u think

Attachments

• washer10.jpg
    washer10.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 118
  • washer9.jpg
    washer9.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 113
  • washers.jpg
    washers.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 96

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
i think they looked better before. the hostage is one of my favorite wheels.

OP
OP
inktoxicated

inktoxicated

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thansk for ur opinion. one reason i took them off is because from what ive read they fall off a lot, so its one thing i dont have to worry about. when i bought these wheels i thought the caps were like a silver finish like a real bolt. up close the plastic chrome is extremly cheap. one of them from the factory was already broken and glued on.

edit since i only did 1 wheel with the washers i did another wheel painitng the bolts black. what are your opinion... the 2 people that seen em in person like the washers better.

Attachments

• washer12.jpg
    washer12.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited: