Full Throttle Suspension (FTS) Lift Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This just sucks. I know you guys aren't trying to **** on my lift so to speak. Just very depressing to not get what I thought I was paying for.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I feel your pain as my last truck was also promised to be a certain height. Turns out it was " up to" type of deal. :(

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This just sucks. I know you guys aren't trying to **** on my lift so to speak. Just very depressing to not get what I thought I was paying for.

Have you called them or talked to them about it? I would ask them, politely, if they think the CV angle is too extreme. And just see what they say. I would try to stay calm and avoid calling them out or challenging them, at least to start out with. If they tell you to lower it to fix the angles, that's when you :flipthebird:

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you called them or talked to them about it? I would ask them, politely, if they think the CV angle is too extreme. And just see what they say. I would try to stay calm and avoid calling them out or challenging them, at least to start out with. If they tell you to lower it to fix the angles, that's when you :flipthebird:

I have contacted them numerous times and they say it is a true size lift. They even compared my fender measurements without a body lift to trucks that have a stretched 6 inch lift and body lift, and I am at the same height as those trucks which I dont really understand if the lift isnt true size, how would it still be as tall as a 6 inch lift stretched with a 3 inch body...

I am 48 inches to the fenders front and rear which is very close to what Sheengon is with his current 8 inch FTS lift and 3 inch body.

Sheengon is 49" Front and 50" Rear, So if I add a 3 inch body, i will be at 51 front and rear and if I go to 40s, that will had about an 1" to 1.5" depending on air in the tire, so I really just dont know. I have had 3 shops look at my angles and they say that is nothing. So I am at a loss.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
the situation was more about the differential being dropped the full amount, I don't doubt that your truck sits up as high as the others. My question is why wasn't the differential dropped all the way? If you want the truck to sit at X height, why wouldn't you build the kit around FLAT cv/tie road/UCA angles at X height? Why would you any type of preload to achieve the X height? You don't need to.

Your angles arent BAD, they just aren't flat. The angles like WAY better in the recent pictures you posted vs the original ones.

If you look at a FTS 10" it, or a Cognito 10", on a 2500HD gm truck (one that hasn't been cranked up) you will see the cv angle is 100% flat, probably better than factory. Now, sometimes you do have to decrank them a little in the ~9.5" area to get completely flat but the concept remains. I suspect you would need to lower your truck down around ~7.5" to have a completely flat cv. Why wouldn't you just build the kit to have flat angles at 9? Then it would be stretchable to 11-12".

one of two things is happening here:

1) the diff is dropped ~9" inches and your truck is set at ~11" total.

2) the diff is dropped ~7" and your truck is set at ~9" total.

It CANT be dropped 9 inches and set at 9 inches, unless your factory cv angles were the same you have now. Which I highly doubt.

Theres a very easy way to solve this, stick a tape measure on the mounting holes on that front drop bracket. Whatever that number is, that's how far down the diff should be in comparison to the stock location. Roughly anyways. You can get more specific and try to measure where the diff previously mounted vs where it mounts now but it will be a little harder to measure.

Last edited:

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im to the point now where I would just rather design and build something of my own like I have seen a few other places do. Just have to do more research.

shannon1180

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been watching this thread for a while. My question is this. Could I get a BDS 6" KIT and put the Bilstein shocks on it at 2.1 and ultimately have an 8" lift kit? I hope that doesn't sound stupid lol as I am learning. Thanks in advance for the help guys.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
I've been watching this thread for a while. My question is this. Could I get a BDS 6" KIT and put the Bilstein shocks on it at 2.1 and ultimately have an 8" lift kit? I hope that doesn't sound stupid lol as I am learning. Thanks in advance for the help guys.

In theory, yes however the measurements don't quite work out like that... Most 6" kits actually provide 5.5" of lift. 4.875" of that is from the strut spacer, 0.625" of that is from the preload spacer. When you install Bilstein 5100's you don't install the preload spacers as the Bilsteins do the preload for you. So right off the bat you lose that 0.625" of lift. Essentially you end up with 4.875" plus whatever the Bilsteins are set at. Most guys will set them at 2.1" to level the truck which gives you 7" of lift up front removing 2" of rake if you get the 5" rear coils. Setting the Bilsteins up to 2.8" would give you 7.7" of lift up front.
At the end of the day that is going to give you a very similar setup as what's been shown in this thread as they are essentially 6" kits that have been stretched as well.

shannon1180

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the info. I think that is what I'm going to look at doing. I would be with that height. Plus I tow so couldn't really do a body lift. Do the bilsteins ride well? I assume so since a lot of people use them. Do people typically run them at all four corners or use the fox shocks in the rear?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Thanks for the info. I think that is what I'm going to look at doing. I would be with that height. Plus I tow so couldn't really do a body lift. Do the bilsteins ride well? I assume so since a lot of people use them. Do people typically run them at all four corners or use the fox shocks in the rear?

Yes the Bilsteins ride great on the front end. They're definitely an improvement over stock. Fox coilovers are another option you could look at if wanted.
On the rear I typically recommend Fox 2.0's over Bilstein as they're easier to get for lifted applications and are slightly better than Bilstein 5100's in my opinion.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with everything Brandonjanson has said .... and to just add to the bills ride quality , I've had mine on the front for over 20k adjusted @ +2.8" and imo my ride is still ( @20k ) better than factory !
That's saying a lot because these 1500s ride great off the dealers lot .

shannon1180

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I think that this is the way I'm going to go. Going to put the 6" BDS kit on my truck and extend the bilsteins out to get me my other 2 inches or so to get me close to my 8" lift. Thanks again brother.

Buckeyedavey2323

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to know if you still have the ride and if fts lift held up I too want to build the baddest 1500 ram out there so I’m bout to pull the trigger on the 10inch kit let me know how you like there quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
So I read this whole thread and I want to know what is the biggest lift for a 2wd 2018 ... I know that the MaxTrac is 7" and with a 3" BL it would be a 10" if the MaxTrac is a true 7" ...

So is the 10" lift only for 4wd or also for the 2wd?

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
So I read this whole thread and I want to know what is the biggest lift for a 2wd 2018 ... I know that the MaxTrac is 7" and with a 3" BL it would be a 10" if the MaxTrac is a true 7" ...

So is the 10" lift only for 4wd or also for the 2wd?

Our 7" kit is a true 7" lift (depending on what size engine you have) and it is only for the 2wd