Fun time with new DRl's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok guys this is frustrating me to no end and I could use some help. These are what I bought:

Now the problem is the confusing wiring diagram. Most of the wires are clearly marked as to where they go. Except 2 are confusing the hell out of me. Here is the wiring diagram:

Mow if you look in the lower right corner there is the wires I am having trouble with. The 2 are the ones titled "Positive Of Engine Locking" and "Positive Of Engine Unlocking". Now I have contacted the seller and have not heard back yet. So I am coming here just in case someone can help out. Thanks guys for any advice.

I got a close-up of the wiring part because the first pic I took was not so great:

Lemme know if anyone ahs any ideas please.

:werd07:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok did a little test. The white wire should be connected to a switched fuse. That will be easy. As stated the blue and the green wires look like they do not need to be connected to anything. Not exactly sure what they control. I did connect then to a 12 volt source while testing and they did turn on the lights, my best guess is they are used if you have power door locks. Not sure though. Any ideas guys??

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
when I push my factory key fob (DRL in Canada) my head lights flash with it. could those wires be for this..

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
when I push my factory key fob (DRL in Canada) my head lights flash with it. could those wires be for this..

That is what I am thinking. When I connected them to 12 volts they turned on (did not flash) and they then turned off after 15 seconds. So most likely I can just heat shrink them together and not connect them to anything. Too bad it is cold out or I would be looking for a good spot to mount them. Any ideas Whitebeauty??

Realize I got these from Europe so they might be mistranslated, and could be for just what you are saying.

I only have one disappointment with them. They do not switch from white to amber when flashing. Oh well I do know a place that ahs those but they are out of stock and the demand is extremely high. Got my name on the backorder but I am way near the bottom.

Last edited:

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Honeycomb style grill? Mount them behind so there not visible. Buy yet are on in a pattern of some sort

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not the honeycomb. Got a set of black aluminum billet bars. Although I have been thinking on those lines of sticking them in the grill. Their wires are plenty long enough for that.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at the front of my truck:

There are 2 spots to possibly put the DRL's. In the grill like White Beauty suggested, but that would require a bit of work. Or in the bumper using lexan to mount the DRL's in first then affixing the lexan to the bumper. What yall think???

Also was looking at the plastic piece on the upper portion of the bumper. But not sure how easy it will be to run the wires.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ten evenly spaced holes across the lower air damn?

Was thinking on those lines also. But right now it is durn cold out so not gonna freeze my booty off sitting on the ground. That would look killer though.
Also the seller got ahold of me and let me know what the 2 mysteriously named wires are for. He said Ignition on and ignition off. Finding a wire that is positive when the ignition is on will be rather easy, but where do I find one that is positive wen it is off??? Gonna hook the lights up with those 2 taped off to see if everything works right. If everything does work without those 2 hooked up then I will just forget them.