Fuse 97 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2017 Big Horn quad cab and am finalizing plans for wiring aftermarket heated seats for the rear seats.

I noticed Fuse 97 is listed as a "RUN" fuse, which I believe means it is only powered when the truck is running (not sure if that means while its cranking or not, but probably not an issue)

All of the wiring diagrams I see show fuse 97 going to connector C3 on the heated seat module. There is nothing plugged into my C3 connector because that seems to be for rear heated seats in crew cabs but mine seems to be run into the seat cushion connector. Haven't had a chance to meter it yet.

I do have 2 Pink/Yellow wires coming into the yellow driver seat cushion connector, at pin 7 and pin 8. The wiring diagrams I see show one of them is Fuse 97 from the power distrib block.

My question is - can I use the fuse 97 lead to power the aftermarket heated seats? Instead of running all the way back to the battery. The diagrams show F97 as a 25A circuit, I only need about 15A total so there is definitely enough overhead in there (I would fuse the seat heaters at a lower current than 25A)

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Last edited: