Gas not filling up very fast update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L 8 cylinder Hemi 2wd
Hello all. I thought I would post an update as to my 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 gas tank not filing up very fast. After several attempts to figure out what was happening we FINALLY found out what was wrong. Two things in fact. The first thing that was found out was there was a crack on the top of my gas tank. I believe that may have been the reason for my CEL not turning off for almost two years. So the other thing that was found out was that for some reason my gas tank was leaning about 20% towards the ground, although it was stable the entire time. So I was given the choice to buy a new gas tank, to the tune of $1300 plus labor, or find a used one. I found a ton of them for about $200 and ordered one of them at the advice of a good friend of mine who is an ex-mechanic. It has been installed and the tank is now level and, at least the first time I put gas in it there was no problems at all. Obviously the way the tank was hanging had something to do with the gas not filling up fast but I don't know for sure if the crack in the gas tank had anything to do with it or not. I am by no means a mechanic. So the message here is at least run a smoke check if your tank is not filling up very fast if anything to rule it out. Ya never know.