Gauges, wipers, headlights, and radio turn off and on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09WHITESPORT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 SPORT
Engine
HEMI 5.7
2009 Ram 1500, been having erratic electrical issues lately. While driving the gauge cluster, headlights, and radio will turn off then back on. The wipers will then turn on by themselves at this point until the issue goes away. It can happen once or a few times in a row then nothing for the rest of the drive.

Wondering if anyone has had similar issues and if it turned out to be a bad TIPM or something else. Any help is appreciated.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you recently taken a hose, and washed your engine bay? I had this happen to me years ago -- on a '92 Daytona Iroc. I washed the engine bay -- with a gentle spray from the hose. Later, my wipers started coming on by themselves, etc. Never again did I "wash" an engine bay. I simply wipe down with a damp rag at every wash.

OP
OP
09WHITESPORT

09WHITESPORT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 SPORT
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I wish it was that simple. No water under the hood as far as I've known also pulled and cleaned all my grounds and checked all the harnesses under the dash for bare wires.