Going Magnaflow 12588 on Tuesday!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Probably kinda ho-hum for many but I'm excited! I want my truck to have a nicer tone (wasn't looking for louder persay).

After a lot of research and finding out dealers aren't as easy to find here in Canada as online and in the US, I inadvertently found a local supplier at a great price..with one (just one!) in stock. It was funny cause I contacted a well respected local installer first to see if they sold & installed Magnaflow among other performance mufflers. He said do you want a whole catback magnaflow cause we can order. But if you just want a muffler, here's (dealer in calgary) whom everyone is getting them locally from and we'll install it all in for 133 bucks including our parts and labour. So I head to the dealer and we are looking at different part numbers and options and he keeps talking about 14 and 18" magnaflow kits and mufflers and 2-3 weeks to get it in. I said I'm sure there's a 22, but he wasn't finding it. So I look the part number up and show him my phone...can you get this one? He looks it up, and says I have one in stock matter of fact. I say price? He says $177. I say....sold! So about 310 bucks for the muffler professionally installed.

I called Magnaflow btw about the muffler warranty card as it was confusing the heck out of me. I was happy to hear the csr say, honestly? just keep your installer and dealer receipts and if any problem arises regarding a warranty issue, that's all you'll need.

ps- I mentioned to the local dealer that they didn't come up anywhere on searches for a Magnaflow dealer. He said, I know. We are seeing that more and more with various companies where they are pushing and supporting online sellers and less the local guys. Kinda sad. I have no problem buying stuff online. But some of it's really hard to get here compared to the US, especially if it's speciality items. And it's nice when you can just walk into a store and they say "here's the part you want, right now!"

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Probably kinda ho-hum for many but I'm excited! I want my truck to have a nicer tone (wasn't looking for louder persay).

After a lot of research and finding out dealers aren't as easy to find here in Canada as online and in the US, I inadvertently found a local supplier at a great price..with one (just one!) in stock. It was funny cause I contacted a well respected local installer first to see if they sold & installed Magnaflow among other performance mufflers. He said do you want a whole catback magnaflow cause we can order. But if you just want a muffler, here's (dealer in calgary) whom everyone is getting them locally from and we'll install it all in for 133 bucks including our parts and labour. So I head to the dealer and we are looking at different part numbers and options and he keeps talking about 14 and 18" magnaflow kits and mufflers and 2-3 weeks to get it in. I said I'm sure there's a 22, but he wasn't finding it. So I look the part number up and show him my phone...can you get this one? He looks it up, and says I have one in stock matter of fact. I say price? He says $177. I say....sold! So about 310 bucks for the muffler professionally installed.

I called Magnaflow btw about the muffler warranty card as it was confusing the heck out of me. I was happy to hear the csr say, honestly? just keep your installer and dealer receipts and if any problem arises regarding a warranty issue, that's all you'll need.

ps- I mentioned to the local dealer that they didn't come up anywhere on searches for a Magnaflow dealer. He said, I know. We are seeing that more and more with various companies where they are pushing and supporting online sellers and less the local guys. Kinda sad. I have no problem buying stuff online. But some of it's really hard to get here compared to the US, especially if it's speciality items. And it's nice when you can just walk into a store and they say "here's the part you want, right now!"

Canadian Tire can also get Magnaflow mufflers.The one over in Brentwood had a few of the performance mufflers sitting on the shelf the last time I was in the store.

OP
OP
buddy guy

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
now that you mention it, I did see some at canadian tire but not the one I wanted. I didn't think to ask them if they could get in the model I wanted;)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
now that you mention it, I did see some at canadian tire but not the one I wanted. I didn't think to ask them if they could get in the model I wanted;)

I bought the last couple of Magnaflow catback kits I've had through them.They'll price match the online dealers,and odds are they'll have the kit in the Red Deer warehouse.I'm due for new mufflers on mine,and if I can't get them warrentied through Mopac,i'll buy them off Crappy Tire,instead,lol

OP
OP
buddy guy

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought the last couple of Magnaflow catback kits I've had through them.They'll price match the online dealers,and odds are they'll have the kit in the Red Deer warehouse.I'm due for new mufflers on mine,and if I can't get them warrentied through Mopac,i'll buy them off Crappy Tire,instead,lol

You obviously did a lot more legwork with CT than I did! I wasn't looking at the cats at all and the 2 mufflers they show were both only one outlet so I didn't think to go beyond that. I think I did ok at Mopac. My goal was to try to stay under 400 for a muffler and install. This is really a "want" not a "need" project:) i went to that muffler place in eastside Airdrie. He scared the hell out of me. Wanted to do a totally new custom exhaust system for $2000! But also said I should be aware I would be breaking my warranty doing so. I think it was his way of saying a muffler replacement job wasn't worth his time:)

OP
OP
buddy guy

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Magnaflow is on! very happy with the sound. There is no doubt it's not the stock muffler whether at idle, hitting the gas hard...or at cruise. There is a pretty low level noise at cruise over stock. Certainly can talk or hear the radio over it. I don't know if it's a minimal drone or exhaust noise or if there's a difference, but its not enough to get on my nerves. I listened to some drone clips of everything from ricers to mustangs to rams and f150s on line and hear something on all of them. Only a couple were a drone that would drive me crazy so maybe a bit is an expected tradeoff (i have a crew cab for what it's worth) But it's pretty much the tone I was looking for. Enough to put a smile on my face, not enough to **** off the neighbors unless I jumped on it in the neighborhood. My last cruiser I switched from stock dualies (chambered type muffler) to a very similar flow through muffler. This to me is the equivalent of my motorbike, which if I was going on a trip or taking to work needed to be able to fire up at 7am and just idle out of of the cul de sac. I watched the 2 guys who did the muffler install (a guy and his son who are co-owners of the shop) make it look stupidly simple from cutting pipes, to making hangers to the welding. The son said before I plan to do this this and this. Is that good by you? I said damn, what you said. Very nice job, glad i took it to them. Local shop that's been around for 36 years and apparently the father is a wizard at fabbing custom exhausts. The Service Advisor and I were talking and he said he's seen the owner changing out a 30 dollar muffler on a rusty ************* and go to as much effort as any other vehicle. Part of why I took it to a guy I knew did great custom work. Pride in the job done.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Surprisingly the thing that made the most difference in sound on my exhaust system is when I installed 5" tips. The sound was much deeper and there was no raspiness. I think they look better too.
Jay

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Awesome write up, glad toy liked it....Love my Magnaflow cat back as well!

OP
OP
buddy guy

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Surprisingly the thing that made the most difference in sound on my exhaust system is when I installed 5" tips. The sound was much deeper and there was no raspiness. I think they look better too.
Jay

i thought about those believe me. another day:)

Texjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Magna flow on mine and I like it. I have tried most brands over the years and now stick with them.

OP
OP
buddy guy

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i love it. i didn't want loud. i wanted a refined pleasant but there sound. It works great for me.

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for choosing Magnaflow for your truck, Buddy! We're happy to hear that you had a smooth transaction and you're fully satisfied with the sound!