GOOD OR BAD? FLORIDA Service department at DODGE dealership vs general mechanic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernGent1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI!
I have not been having a good experience at any of the Dodge SERVICE DEPT at any of dealerships in Central Florida.

Curious if there’s anyone who could recommend the best service department near Central Florida? Or is it in Tampa or Lakeland?

Really want to leave my truck in the right hands and get her all tuned up. I’m at 100,000k miles now and want to keep her running this great for as long as possible.

So smooth on the highway. She pulls my boat and trailer sometimes too with ease. Great with kids. And she performs so well when we do donuts on backroads :)

Love this truck!!!

5th gen Florida Ram 1500 Bighorn 4x4 2019

BenWade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would recommend doing all the maintenance yourself. These trucks aren't difficult to work on. You can find how to videos for everything. For the cost of having a dealer perform maintenance you're better off just buying a new truck and keeping a monthly payment.

OP
OP
SouthernGent1500

SouthernGent1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI!
I would recommend doing all the maintenance yourself. These trucks aren't difficult to work on. You can find how to videos for everything. For the cost of having a dealer perform maintenance you're better off just buying a new truck and keeping a monthly payment.
Thanks man. You sure it’s that easy? Would love to learn.

Is there anyone in central Florida that could coach me? Haha any takers?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
If you are looking for a good independent shop, Willowbend Automotive in Land O Lakes is who I used when I lived thatcarea.

Great independent shop with nice folks running the place and competent mechanics.