Got a question for you guys...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDawg148

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a stretch of road I drive daily that the speed limit is 35mph. Sometimes with the MDS system on it acts like it is sick sometimes between 30 and 40mph. What I mean by that is it seems like the shift pattern is different and the truck kinda trudges along. Now when the MDS is off it has none of those issues. My question is does anyone else notice this at slow speeds.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yup mine does the same which is why I've purchased a Diablo to turn MDS off.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah..plenty of times. MDS at its finest...it runs like crap on 4 cylinders.

**Sent from the *********

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh yeah..plenty of times. MDS at its finest...it runs like crap on 4 cylinders.

**Sent from the *********

especially at low speeds and low rpms......if u have a 3.21 rear, its even worse.

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've never figured out why so many people seem to hate MDS, I've never been bothered by it on mine.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've never figured out why so many people seem to hate MDS, I've never been bothered by it on mine.

I don't get it either. Instead of just putting it in 8th gear, to turn it off, they go buy a tuner. I have the 3.21 and it doesn't bother me. It works great for me with that 8 speed.

bigfoot2219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After test driving a Silverado that not only wobbled on the short highway drive, but would clunk and shudder as it's active fuel management did it's thing, i was very impressed (and surprised) to have had a different experience in the rams. Mds is seamless in my experience, i like the idea of the shudders, the hemi feels significantly more powerful than my ol 5.3. The 8 speed sealed the deal, I almost cant believe this is available in a domestic vehicle. My wifes Mercedes 350 wishes it shifted like this. I do feel it being a bit sludgey at 30-40, but that is a low cruising speed and the truck hasn't made any alarming noises. I love mine, 15k miles in. I did check them all out, i drove the 3.5 ecoboost f150, perhaps out of daze I thought that I would really like the setup in a nicely done xlt fx4. Nope. It felt cheap inside, cheap plastic bits all over. So i was shown a King Ranch with some bells and whistles. It drove okay. The 3.5 has go, close to the hemi maybe (don't hurt me) but the transmission felt on par with my Chevy. Overall i didn't appreciate the driving manners of the truck. It rode worse than my chevy. The front suspension was harsh and the rear was bouncy/loose. Steering it felt like I was out driving my riding lawn mower. I did like the tundra. Though it had a dated feeling powertrain. Nothing compared after driving the ram.

OP
OP
BigDawg148

BigDawg148

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys glad to know I am not the only one. I dont really have a issue with it other than the trucks seems to just trudge along at those speeds. I dont have any idea how else to explain it. I love my Ram dont get me wrong. I just wanted to make sure this wasnt something I need to get checked out. I have less than 8000 miles on this truck....Lol.

bigfoot2219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys glad to know I am not the only one. I dont really have a issue with it other than the trucks seems to just trudge along at those speeds. I dont have any idea how else to explain it. I love my Ram dont get me wrong. I just wanted to make sure this wasnt something I need to get checked out. I have less than 8000 miles on this truck....Lol.

Hopefully we all have thousands of problem free miles ahead! I think the trudging is just the side effect of pushing a 5500 # truck on 4 cylinders.