Got Smucked Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sitting at a Red light and BANG..Police car hits my Warlock. Glad I have rear camera. Shows her just driving along and runs into the rear of my truck.. no skid marks. She gets out and says “sorry I was checking a location” .. nice admission..need some new back up spots, 5 inch black exhaust tips, perhaps a bumper and some 1/4 panel paint.. all this at maybe 30 km/ hr.. add all the inconvenience and running around not a fun day… relaxing with R&C..a bit off sort of probably the stress… oh him another day in retirement!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sitting at a Red light and BANG..Police car hits my Warlock. Glad I have rear camera. Shows her just driving along and runs into the rear of my truck.. no skid marks. She gets out and says “sorry I was checking a location” .. nice admission..need some new back up spots, 5 inch black exhaust tips, perhaps a bumper and some 1/4 panel paint.. all this at maybe 30 km/ hr.. add all the inconvenience and running around not a fun day… relaxing with R&C..a bit off sort of probably the stress… oh him another day in retirement!
BET she had her eyeballs in the CAD, and not watching roadway. YUP, that was always my biggest biotch on the systems. When they start a ringing etc, it takes yer attention away from the roadway. A great tool to have for sure, but I bet I do not know a "single" person, working as an LEO, with a CAD system in car, THAT is not guilty of watching the CAD, checking on something and not the road. And at night, even worse.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Glad you are okay. Good thing about being hit by a Cop, at least they are well insured. Half the azzhats running around the roads here have no insurance, and paid off the examiner for their driver's license. For a large number, this is the first time they ever drove a car, and many had never even been in one before moving here. Need to pay extreme attention when you are driving.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ha ha..yep if I was in the USA..perfect scenario..sue the City!...
Not that I would condone doing that, and I know it was a joke, but why would being in Canada keep a person from suing the city for damages? All my relatives live in Canada, and my cousin sued the hospital in Vancouver for killing her husband...and she won...a lot.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not that I would condone doing that, and I know it was a joke, but why would being in Canada keep a person from suing the city for damages? All my relatives live in Canada, and my cousin sued the hospital in Vancouver for killing her husband...and she won...a lot.

Most government groups in Canada are close to untouchable, as far as I know.

From municipal up through provincial to federal, even if you did miraculously win, they'd tie you up in appeals court until long past your death.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
RamDriver...you are so correct..a no win there...Tulecreeper...I guess it is just from seeing the media in the USA everyone seems to sue everyone at the drop of a hat.
Yep my comments were just a joke...just laughing to myself on a minds eye image...lol

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Most government groups in Canada are close to untouchable, as far as I know.

From municipal up through provincial to federal, even if you did miraculously win, they'd tie you up in appeals court until long past your death.

Sounds like the military here in the US. It's almost impossible for a military member or their dependent to sue the Dept of Defense (DoD). Even if a military doctor makes a mistake that kills someone...but that law is slowly changing. They are liable for damages to the vehicle though, correct?

Tunaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yu
RamDriver...you are so correct..a no win there...Tulecreeper...I guess it is just from seeing the media in the USA everyone seems to sue everyone at the drop of a hat.
Yep my comments were just a joke...just laughing to myself on a minds eye image...lol

Tunaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup and the only ones making any money as a group are the attorneys. Oh sure I I sue for something and get hundreds of thousands of dollars I’d make out, me and the attorney but all of you pay on your insurance. That’s why insurance is so outrageous. Here at least in Florida you’re better off having the bare minimum of insurance. They can’t take your house, all they can do is put a lien on it, when you die they collect….maybe!

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L

Go to the ER and let them know what happened and then call a lawyer.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Yep no worries…. Funny part is I am a retired Traffic Enforcement Sgt… poor rookie felt sorry for her and my beautiful Warlock

Did you tell her, the ONLY reason she had the chance, to hit you, was because you made way, for her, to get hired?

Cynical way of looking at this:
You literally brought it on, yourself.

LOL

Sorry to hear about your truck