Grease Zerks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey all,

I recently bought a 2014 Ram 1500. I crawled underneath to look for the typical grease zerks to lube, and there weren't any. Is there any way to add grease zerks to these trucks? Thanks for your thoughts.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aftermarket UCA have grease fittings, other than that I have not heard of anyone wanting to add them. Everything else is sealed as you found out. I remember way back when, people used to take the "plugs" out that were installed by the factory so they could install fittings so they could grease the steering components and the ball joints etc. I have not heard of anyone doing it to a 4th Gen truck.
Jay

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
A lot of aftermarket replacement ball and u joints from carquest are greaseable. As they get slop and wear out I usually replace them with a greaseable unit. I like doing the service and they have a lifetime warranty so why not?

OP
OP
L

leo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah that's probably what I'll do. I don't think drilling for grease zerks sounds like a good idea.