Green Air Filter or K&N

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5.7L Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is time to replace my factory air filter. I want to get a reusable foam filter. I have used K&N in the past but recently saw some good reviews on Green Air Filters. Does any one have any first hand experience with Green Filters. Are they better, the same or worse than K&N? Thanks!

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think both filters are about equal in my personal experience, I am a Green Air Filter fan, however there is nothing wrong with K&N and I run them too sometimes! You will likely here many different opinions.

MTGTS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I run K&N on all my cars and trucks

cjs082006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ordered a K&N (hasn't shipped yet)...was thinking of cancelling and ordering vararam based on discussions that K&N was just a tube with a filter...thoughts???

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What about the AFE or AEM DRY panel drop-in air filter's?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
K&N, aFe, Airaid are all just noise makers.

They don't block out engine compartment heat so you aren't getting a CAI, just a tooth rattling, music drowning, AI.

Vararam for max improvement; S&B for better than stock appearance and almost the same air flow as Vararam except no ram-air effect.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would have picked none of the above. An aFe ProDry S, or any equivalent performance dry filter would be better.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I put a k&n in my wifes grand cherokee. It picked up around .5 to 1 mpg's which is more than I could hope for. I was going to go with green but I've never had bad luck with k&n so why switch?