GRILL REMOVAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUANGOODUDE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ANYONE REMOVE A GRILL FROM A 2017, 1500? I WANT TO PAINT MINE OFF THE TRUCK. THANKS

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Open the hood, remove the plastic shroud, remove the four screws at the top of the grill. From one side, gently slide your hand down the back of the grill near the headlight to pop off the first clip (pops forward of the truck). Slide your hand down a little more to do the same thing for the lower clip. Once you have one side done, gently hinge the grill toward the other headlight and it'll release the clips from the other side of the grill. Doing it this way helps keep the clips from breaking when you try to pull the grill from the truck.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
ANYONE REMOVE A GRILL FROM A 2017, 1500? I WANT TO PAINT MINE OFF THE TRUCK. THANKS

JUANGOODUDE

From what I have seen not to hard to do !
Go to You Tube and type in RAM grill removal or something like that, There are TONS of videos showing how to do it!\ I understand a video better then reading how to do it lol

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
And when you do break the clips (cause you will) , Amazon has a bag of 15 for $13
I did not know the clips are replaceable ! Thanks

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Open the hood, remove the plastic shroud, remove the four screws at the top of the grill. From one side, gently slide your hand down the back of the grill near the headlight to pop off the first clip (pops forward of the truck). Slide your hand down a little more to do the same thing for the lower clip. Once you have one side done, gently hinge the grill toward the other headlight and it'll release the clips from the other side of the grill. Doing it this way helps keep the clips from breaking when you try to pull the grill from the truck.
Take enough bolts, screws, clips, fasteners out until the grille falls off! ;)

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The part I worry about are the little plastic insert extensions at the bottom of the grill. Break them off and there is no replacing...slide the grill away in a hinge fashion slowly..