Gun box Options Without Console or Jump Seat Lower Compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ICEChargerRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I travel armed fairly often and it would be convenient to be able to briefly lock up my weapon securely within my truck. I have been looking online at various pistol size truck gun safes for Rams but they all require either a center console or the lower jump seat compartment, on trucks with a CD player. Unfortunately, my 2016 1500 Quad Express has the front bench seat without a lower seat compartment so I cant use most of the available safes.

Has anyone put a gun lockbox under the seat and bolted it through the floor?

Are the two types of middle jump seats interchangeable? If so is it an easy installation?

Other ideas, options?

Thanks.

OP
OP
ICEChargerRT

ICEChargerRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Decided to go the seat switch route. I located and purchased a front bench middle jump seat with a lower storage compartment off a 2015 Ram. Has anyone else switched out jump seats on a 2013-2016? Anything to watch out for or is it a straightforward one to one switch of a few nuts and bolts and plug and play wires
(I hope...)? Thanks

Last edited:

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
There are boxes sold that are chained under the passenger seat.

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I have this exact one under the seat of my 1500. Made a little bracket and its bolted to the bolt that holds my seatbelt. Works beautiful. No rattles and super sturdy. Absolutely trust it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 195

FamilyRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Any progress on this ICEChargerRT? I'd love to do this same mod with my 2016 Tradesman.

deadrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 Outdoorsman MegaCab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a console vault in mine. I am actually going to be putting it up for sale in the next few weeks because I'm getting a new truck that has bucket seats instead of the bench and the safe won't work.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Locker Down makes a safe that fits in the center console and also one that fits in the fold down armrest console.

lockerdown.com

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have this exact one under the seat of my 1500. Made a little bracket and its bolted to the bolt that holds my seatbelt. Works beautiful. No rattles and super sturdy. Absolutely trust it

I'd be interested in the details in how you made this work.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Friend of mine has one of these in his truck. Works perfect for what he needs it for, and the price is right...

GetFile.aspx

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Firearm-Cases/SafeLock™-Cases/SafeLock™-Handgun-with-Key.aspx

They have another version with a combination lock as well:

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Firearm-Cases/SafeLock™-Cases/SafeLock™-Handgun-with-Combination.aspx

They have a steel cable that attaches to the seat bracket and then they can be pushed down between the seat and center console or between the seat and jump seat to conceal them.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Friend of mine has one of these in his truck. Works perfect for what he needs it for, and the price is right...

GetFile.aspx

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Firearm-Cases/SafeLock™-Cases/SafeLock™-Handgun-with-Key.aspx

They have another version with a combination lock as well:

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Firearm-Cases/SafeLock™-Cases/SafeLock™-Handgun-with-Combination.aspx

They have a steel cable that attaches to the seat bracket and then they can be pushed down between the seat and center console or between the seat and jump seat to conceal them.

I've seen those but, I don't know if I'm comfortable with the cable attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbrp.Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi. Mbrp catback, k&n cai
Don't laugh

My solution

Attachments

• 20160729_145032.jpg
    20160729_145032.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 88