Head lights (2014 SPORT 1500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Last edited:

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guys,

For a 2014 dodge RAM 1500 sport edition which one of the 2 below is a good pick. Bulb which came with the truck is a 9012 bifunction projector halogen bulb.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...title_oth_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07J6QNRGZ/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

N

LED won’t give any distance with projectors. It will be extremely bright right in front of the truck and on a wall for photo op, but when driving, you will out drive your headlights if you are driving at highway speeds. This can be very dangerous.

the crystal vision halogen bulbs have a blue tinting on the entire glass. This will make it appear whiter than a standard bulb, but will also reduce output compared to a standard halogen.

I tried Silverstar Ultras in my projectors when my HID went out, and while they are better than the OEM halogen, they were at best 12 visible output compared to the HID.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bigred,

But to change to HID in my 14-sport-RAM 1500, i think i have to do some other things as per NJMOPAR. how much will it cost and where can we get this done?

N
It depends on which HID kit you buy. Some cover everything you need but tend to be more expensive. According the headlightrevolution, their GTR kit is plug and play, no harness or anything else needed. Or you can get whatever kit you want, get the alfaOBD app and an OBD dongle to change settings in the BCM to prevent any error codes.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can’t believe how expensive those are. I would never pay anything near that for halogen headlight bulbs. That is $118 in USD. Those around around $60/pair here, and even that is too expensive.

for that price, I’d definitely go HID.

hell, I think I have a set of those in 9012 in my garage. If you can figure out how much it would cost me to ship them from 77521 zip code (Baytown, TX) and send cash to cover the shipping cost, I’ll put them in the mail for you. I’ve got no use for them.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Bigred,

I think the bulbs i send in the link are 70usd which is 90 CAD. Thanks for the offer and i really appreciate it.

I did a quick check in USPS and is going to cost you around 40 - 60 USD and not sure whether is woth for you.

WRX03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Can and/or is there instructions on aiming the headlights?

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys,

My right side front light bulb burnt and am looking to replace it. Called the dealer to find out the bulb is "Bi function halogen projector maps 9012 bulb" and it costs 85$. Called partsource in Calgary and for a regular halogen bulb they charge $40. What is the difference between these two? Can i get the halogen bulb from partsource and replace in my headlights?

Please advice and thanks for your time.

N
Give me enought to buy a flat rate envelope and ill mail you 2

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Gixxer i send a personal message..can you please reply back there?

N

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Gixxer...thats fine...but is going to take a week to get it after you post it and until then i cannot use the vehicle. I PM'd you, can you please reply there?

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bigred,

I think the bulbs i send in the link are 70usd which is 90 CAD. Thanks for the offer and i really appreciate it.

I did a quick check in USPS and is going to cost you around 40 - 60 USD and not sure whether is woth for you.
It isnt a matter if it is worth it to me, is it worth it to you. The offer was you send me the money for shipping, and I'll ship them. I'm giving you the bulbs at no cost if you want them, but I'm not going to pay to to ship them to you. That's your dime.

The link you had to the Silverstar Ultras showed $159 CAD, which converts to almost $120 USD, just for the bulbs.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi

sparky300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I may be late to the party with this but, lots of useful info for both halogen and HID lamps regarding longevity, actual color and lumen output vs advertised here...

bulbfacts.com

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks Sparky. Yes i already got the bulb in hand.