headers for 4wd work on 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

operator

Professional Firefighter Captain
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hey guys i have a chance to snag some jba long tube headers the 6961's but they are for 4wd models will they fit 2wd model 2013 rcsb express? I'm also wondering will my cats bolt up after the headers or how does that work? what will i need to do when it comes time get these installed they come with gaskets and o2 sensor extension plugs

Last edited:
OP
OP
operator

operator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
bump.... anybody have any input

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I can't say on the fitment for sure, but seems to me if the have 2 different part numbers for 2 and 4wd, then they are likey different.

As far as the cats, LTs shift everything back, and also require a new Y-pipe. You can buy a catless Y-pipe for not that much, but will have to have an exhaust shop weld your stock cats and new 02 bungs in. It does add up, the LT set up on my last truck ran me about $1600 between parts and fab.

OP
OP
operator

operator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I can't say on the fitment for sure, but seems to me if the have 2 different part numbers for 2 and 4wd, then they are likey different.

As far as the cats, LTs shift everything back, and also require a new Y-pipe. You can buy a catless Y-pipe for not that much, but will have to have an exhaust shop weld your stock cats and new 02 bungs in. It does add up, the LT set up on my last truck ran me about $1600 between parts and fab.

ok just wasn't sure if theyd fit being they were for 4wd i thought maybe the just had an extra bend to clear something up front