Headlight Problems..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aahotard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Hello all, i have an 07 ram that has a few headlight problems that hopefully i can hopefully get resolved through the fellow members knowledge on this site. It all started when i got an hid kid that worked well for a while until they would only work on high beams. to this day that is all that works. So i tried to put my old oem bulbs back in and still no low beams. in fact with those oem bulbs in only my high beam works on the drivers side? can anyone explain these weird circumstances and what i may have to do to fix them. i went to auto zone to see if they could flash my computer but no headlight codes even came up. i'm beyond frustrated with how installing these hid's in the first place have created all these other problems. If anyone has a resolution to this problem i'd gladly appreciate it. Thanks, Andre'

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok we need a bit more information. Did you install a relay kit?? Did you install some can-bus cancellers? Wiring is a major pain to troubleshoot and this sounds like what you may have is some burnt wires. Worse circumstance is the control box for your headlights may be screwed. Check in the fuse box and find the headlight fuse and stock relay. Make sure the fuse is not burnt. and replace the relay. Those may fix this problem but we do need the rest of the information before we can really get down and dirty.

A lot of people think that all they have to do is get an HiD kit for their car/truck, and it will work right the first time. Well that is completely wrong. Since 2002 the US federal government ahs mandated that all vehicles use the can-bus system. It is a massive pain in the tail for anyone wanting to do electronic mods to their vehicles.
We will attempt to solve this for you as fast as we can.

OP
OP
A

aahotard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Ok we need a bit more information. Did you install a relay kit?? Did you install some can-bus cancellers? Wiring is a major pain to troubleshoot and this sounds like what you may have is some burnt wires. Worse circumstance is the control box for your headlights may be screwed. Check in the fuse box and find the headlight fuse and stock relay. Make sure the fuse is not burnt. and replace the relay. Those may fix this problem but we do need the rest of the information before we can really get down and dirty.

A lot of people think that all they have to do is get an HiD kit for their car/truck, and it will work right the first time. Well that is completely wrong. Since 2002 the US federal government ahs mandated that all vehicles use the can-bus system. It is a massive pain in the tail for anyone wanting to do electronic mods to their vehicles.
We will attempt to solve this for you as fast as we can.

I do believe I have the relay kit and if by can bus cancellors you mean a resistor than I know I have that too. The lights did work properly for a while And then randomly started messing up. Also I was unable to find any headlight fuse in the fuse box. I am starting to think that the control box you mentioned has failed. Is this normal for this to go out or is this a result of having hid's? Thanks for the help again

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok it is nt normal for the box to just fail, and I do not believe that the HiD's will cause this. Seeing as you used a relay kit and the resistors that should not have damaged the can-bus system. Try this out: Where is headlight relay ,on 2007 dodge ram 1500, have one - Fixya

Here is another: How to Replace Headlight Relay Dodge RAM | eHow

Also check your connectors to see if there is any green powder in them. If there is then corrosion is the problem. Use some electrical contact cleaner and some bulb grease to solve the corrosion problem. This sounds like a headlight relay problem though. Check the relay and then do the other stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500