Headlight Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
My factory pull-style headlight switch is starting to go out, and I prefer the twist knob style like in the 2000 trucks. Will it change over? And if so, can I get the one with fogs, then tap into the factory harness (non-fog truck, but heard the harness is supposed to be there)? And anyone know where the supposed pigtail is supposed to be inside of the dash? Any help would be appreciated.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
i believe since your truck (if fog equipped) would have had 2 plugs one for switch and the other for fogs you would have to alter wiring to make it work.. as far as harness goes from what i gather if its a ST it won't have harness but it its SLT it will? plug for lights should be on bottom side of core support.

OP
OP
HighTechRedneck

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
It isn't and was not fog light equipped, I added aftermarket fogs onto it. I found the weatherpack connector on the bumper for the fogs, just can't find the plug in the dash. (Because I've heard that in all of these Dodges that they already have the harness on them) The truck is also a SLT.

I wouldn't mind altering wiring to have the different switch because I'd rather have it, but if it's too in depth, I'll stray away from doing it.

Also, the switch is completely dead now... Drove to the college with my little fogs only today...

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The switch is a physically different shape, so it will not fit. And the plug is not over there as the switch for the fogs on the 94-7 trucks is by the OD OFF switch in the dash.

OP
OP
HighTechRedneck

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
I just ended up buying a switch and harness at Orielly's. The headlight plug got loose on the switch, and caused it to build so much heat that it wrecked the pigtail. So all is fixed now.

I knew that it was by the O/D switch, just asking what it looks like? I pulled the O/D switch panel out while I had the dash apart, and couldn't find the plug?