No power to ignition switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
I have a 98.5 ram 3500 4x4 V10 and need someone to point me in the right direction. My after market remote start went out so I got another one and went to install it tonight and ran into an issue that was self inflicted. Like a moron I didn't undo the battery and as I was taking the old one out the red wire coming from the ignition brushed up against the metal dash frame. Little sparkle and I figured I just blew a fuse. Well should have known I am not that lucky so here is where I am now. Turn key over AC blower will come on but none of the gauges show anything and the radio wont power up. Turn the key further to start and it kills all power to the ignition wires and blower shuts off like it is supposed to but never sends power to the yellow wire that is supposed to go to the starter relay. I have literally taken every fuse in the power center under the hood and behind the little door on the drivers side and checked them with a meter and they all are good. Here is a pick/drawing looking at the backside of my ignition switch with the wire colors labeled. The only place I am getting power is the one wire shown in the diagram. Is there a fuse I could be missing somewhere or what else could be going on because I am lost at this point. Thanks in advance for any input. Dale
diagram_8fc2eafbc89d2bcd46b9b95961acabac6fbb7cd4.jpg