heat and a/c dials not lighting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
On my 07 I noticed that the fan dial only lights up maybe half way, the temperature dial only light up about half way and the selector dial does not light up at all. Any one else have this problem and how to fix it ?? I rarely use my truck at night but when I do I can't hardly see the dials. Thank you,

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Pull your center bezel, flip it over and replace your little ¼ turn bulbs.

OP
OP
B

bobby a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Thank you gentlemen, I was afraid you were going to say, you have to remove the dash.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No man its absolutely nothing to it. Pull the kick panel down, easy, then just ease out the middle panel. you do not have to pull the dash. Not even close to that. I can pull mine apart in and pop it back in in less than 30 seconds. Once you ease the panel out its just 4 screws holding the climate control in place, unplug it and its in your hand.

OP
OP
B

bobby a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Wow, it sounds easy enough, I have the truck in the body shop for a couple minor issues, I asked them if they could look at that. Would you happen to know the name/ size or part # for the bulbs. Maybe I could cut to the chase and buy the bulbs and take them up to the body shop. It looks like you have a lot of add ons to your truck, I wish I was your neighbor and you could show me what your talking about, I am no mechanic. Thank you.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
In the 3rd gen DIY section are all the factory manuals; download yours and get your part numbers.

OP
OP
B

bobby a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I am currently at the Chrysler dealership getting the oil changed on my Jeep. I went into the parts department and they gave me the part # for the bulb and to cross reference and order it on Amazon. So, thats what I did. I would like to give back since you guys are always so helpful. So hear is the part # for the heater/AC control light bulbs. 5135537AA. The description is called, Socket Package Heater and A/c CON. Not sure what the Con means. Hope this help someone sometime.

OP
OP
B

bobby a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Update,
Just wanted to say thank you to all who gave me input on this thread. I got my truck back from the auto body facility this afternoon and the new lights look great, even in the day light, they will really look great at night. thank again

OP
OP
B

bobby a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Thanks again everyone, I am getting ready to travel back to my home state for the summer, I will post back when I get settled in, and hope I don't have to start another thread on any other issues LOL, have a good safe and happy summer everyone.