What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RebelDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered a 18" magnaflow. Was gonna go with black widow but really just want to quiten it down a good bit.

Currently have the bolt in Carven Competition exhaust gonna sell.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Ordered a 18" magnaflow. Was gonna go with black widow but really just want to quiten it down a good bit.

I had a 22" Magnaflow and switched it to a 14" Magnaflow.
It sounds sweet!

And from a standstill at WOT, it barks nicely on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.
The 3-4 & 4-5 shifts are super nice as well.

Warlock2024

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
So far this week, all I have done is drive to work. Plan on driving back home this afternoon! :) However, over this past weekend, I did drive to a buddies house and we ran speaker wire on his pontoon boat and got the speakers hooked up! Probably had a couple too many beers also.

Last week I plasti dipped the RAM on the grill and my antenna.

Attachments

• 20240420_132922.jpg
    20240420_132922.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far this week, all I have done is drive to work. Plan on driving back home this afternoon! :) However, over this past weekend, I did drive to a buddies house and we ran speaker wire on his pontoon boat and got the speakers hooked up! Probably had a couple too many beers also.

Worthless.gif

:cool:

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine

Last week I plasti dipped the RAM on the grill and my antenna.
Yes..pics,
and... how did you mask it off and was it their glossy or standard spray?
I'm wanting a dull/matt finish and not glossy... that would stand out too much on the front grill.

I, too want to do this with the RAM on the front grill as my whole theme is black & copper..
I'll also do the tiny chrome antenna base as well... no chrome/silver on my truck at all...lol

Now, I just need to figure out how to blacken the key hole on the drivers door handle so I don't gunk it up inside and disable it.

RebelDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 22" Magnaflow and switched it to a 14" Magnaflow.
It sounds sweet!

And from a standstill at WOT, it barks nicely on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.
The 3-4 & 4-5 shifts are super nice as well.

I almost thought about the 14" but I guess I'm getting old and I'm on my phone alot in my truck.

Instead of the magnaflow I'm almost thinking about sending it back and getting the Blackwidow 300

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I almost thought about the 14" but I guess I'm getting old and I'm on my phone alot in my truck.

Instead of the magnaflow I'm almost thinking about sending it back and getting the Blackwidow 300
Stick with the Magnaflow is my $0.02...
Great tone and subtle...makes the HEMI sound great.
At WOT it wakes up and let others know there's a HEMI under the hood ;)

Warlock2024

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
@CanuckRam1313 Ram, for the grill, I popped the hood, removed the plastic cover that has 6 plastic clips on it, placed a piece of cardboard between the grill and radiator, taped off around the letters and applied 3 coats (regular spray) going light to heavy. For the antenna, I hung it in the garage with cardboard on the floor, sprayed (same 3 steps).

Attachments

• 20240420_132922.jpg
    20240420_132922.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240420_133835.jpg
    20240420_133835.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 9

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
@CanuckRam1313 Ram, for the grill, I popped the hood, removed the plastic cover that has 6 plastic clips on it, placed a piece of cardboard between the grill and radiator, taped off around the letters and applied 3 coats (regular spray) going light to heavy. For the antenna, I hung it in the garage with cardboard on the floor, sprayed (same 3 steps).
Thanks, Brother!

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I attempted to replace the cab vents BUT after I went to the trouble of pulling out the rear driver's side seat, I discovered that the new type vents were already installed! :)

I hadn't been having any leaks in the cab that I know of. I just like to be proactive. The truck sits in the garage out of the weather though.

I wondered why the seat frame hold down bolts were so easy to remove. :)

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did the same thing I have been doing for the last almost 2 months. Waiting for Blue to get back from the Doctors, broken transmission. Once I get her back, I have plans to get a bigger gas tank put in, and probably before that, custom exhaust work to make her sound mean.

At some point, also going to look into getting aftermarket Warlock badging done, in Blue Streak tho, so it looks factory-ish.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the magnaflow put on. SOOO much better than the carven progressive bolt on. Gonna throw it up for sale on facebook

I went from a Carven Progressive to a Flowmaster FlowFX for the same "Getting old" reason. After long tubes and offroad Y pipe the Carven was WAY too loud for my liking. I have thought about actually tracking down another stock muffler and just adding an electric cutout before it. That way the truck can be nice and quiet when it needs to be, then when I want to let the motor roar, open the cutout. But that requires me to undo all the muffler/resonator work I did to make it sound as good as it does. So I probably won't ever get around to it.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went from a Carven Progressive to a Flowmaster FlowFX for the same "Getting old" reason. After long tubes and offroad Y pipe the Carven was WAY too loud for my liking. I have thought about actually tracking down another stock muffler and just adding an electric cutout before it. That way the truck can be nice and quiet when it needs to be, then when I want to let the motor roar, open the cutout. But that requires me to undo all the muffler/resonator work I did to make it sound as good as it does. So I probably won't ever get around to it.
I keep thinking of doing something different as well. I went from the progressive to a black widow 10". The black widow sounded amazing, but the drone was horrible. I swapped that for the magnaflow drop in. I miss the sound of the carven and black widow, the drone with the magnaflow isn't near as bad, it's totally bearable and didn't have any issues after driving from PA to key west and back. But I miss the rumble of the other mufflers. Stock with a cutout seems like a reasonable option, but I'd rather not mess with a cutout of I don't need to. The mbrp drop in seems reasonable but have no idea how the drone would be.

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

How loud is the “18 ?

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tackled the front end, new cv axles , intermediate shafts on both sides , upper control arms and pressed in new ball joints. Just ordered new inner and outer tie rods from rock auto, about 50% worn so i figured change them while i did everything else.