heated steerinf wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Painterman18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
has anybody taken a heated steering wheel out of a 2014 fully loaded crew cab sport Dodge ram 1500 and put it in a sport quad cab that didnt come with heated steering wheel I took leather seats out of a sport crew and it was plug n play it’s just that the control panel now gives me the option for the heated steering wheel I’m just wondering if it’s possible to do or if it’s plug-and-play or if its going to be too much BS .......help apreciated

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
has anybody taken a heated steering wheel out of a 2014 fully loaded crew cab sport Dodge ram 1500 and put it in a sport quad cab that didnt come with heated steering wheel I took leather seats out of a sport crew and it was plug n play it’s just that the control panel now gives me the option for the heated steering wheel I’m just wondering if it’s possible to do or if it’s plug-and-play or if its going to be too much BS .......help apreciated
You would need to install a heated wheel clockspring as well in order for the heated wheel to work. Also in some cases you may need to enable the correct code in the BCM in order for it to work but usually if your heated seats work without the codes you heated wheel will as well. Adding the heated/vented seats and heated wheel is a popular upgrade. There is alot of info on it in the 4th DIY section. You can also enable the codes if needed with the alpha tool. If you want the options to show up on the radio as well as have the hard keys like it would in a factory equipped truck you can turn on all the codes with the alpha tool and also activate the auto in comfort customer settings on your screen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk