Heater hose DIA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra514

Reaction score
Ram Year
Does anybody know the ID of the heater core hoses on a Gen 4 (2014) 5.7L?

I want to flush my heater core and need to purchase some barbed fittings. (I'm disconnecting at the 3-way valve and water pump since those ends are way easier to get to.

I tried some Dorman 5/8" barbed fittings (which perfectly fit the 5/8" ID hose I purchased to run to a small pump for flushing), but they were way too small for the heater hoses.
The 5/8" caps I purchased to stick on the valve nipple were too small as well. So no way those hoses are 5/8" ID.

Could they be 3/4" ID?

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Does anybody know the ID of the heater core hoses on a Gen 4 (2014) 5.7L?

I want to flush my heater core and need to purchase some barbed fittings. (I'm disconnecting at the 3-way valve and water pump since those ends are way easier to get to.

I tried some Dorman 5/8" barbed fittings (which perfectly fit the 5/8" ID hose I purchased to run to a small pump for flushing), but they were way too small for the heater hoses.
The 5/8" caps I purchased to stick on the valve nipple were too small as well. So no way those hoses are 5/8" ID.

Could they be 3/4" ID?
Well if 5/8's pieces didn't fit,process of elimination should tell you 3/4" is probably the size you need :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
C

Cobra514

Reaction score
Ram Year
Well that's what I assume. When I looked up the hose replacement part, the specs said both ends were 5/8" ID. So.... of course I purchased 5/8" parts, lol. I'm done researching anything on this vehicle trying to be prepared. Documtation is horrible.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would go to a place that sells automotive hose.
Then plead with the clerk to cut off 3" lengths of different diameter hose, they may even have some cut offs.
When you find the right size, buy your hose there, maybe slip them a tip

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat