Heater Ticking Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nhaymour

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey,

Very recently, when my heat is turned on there is a ticking sound on the passenger side of the vehicle. It obviously speeds up and slows down when you adjust the fan level. I started hearing it about a week ago, but it wasn't as loud as it has become. Not sure what this is a result of. Also, I feel as if the heaters don't actually heat up the vehicle as they used to.

I apologize I am new to this forum I hope this makes sense. If I should be more detailed, let me know.

If someone could shed some light on what I could be experiencing, I would seriously appreciate that.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have had several vehicles that had that sound, all of a sudden. Turned out to be a mouse had built a nest in the system, near the cabin air filter. As a matter of fact they chewed up my cabin filter for nest material!

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Take out the air filter with heat on, see if it improves.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine does this as well. I am going to take the filter out and use my tornador to blow whatever junk is built up in there.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has been doing this as well. And, I'm going to ask a stupid question, because I haven't even looked into it yet. Where's the air filter that you are pulling to check? I don't have a cabin air filter, as my year they didn't include them.

How hard is it to pull the blower motor? I know it's under the dash, but I'm asking for the sake of asking before I start looking it up on Google. :)

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with the others.. junk in the blower motor or... motor is failing. I have had a few cars where the blower just got noisy. Replacement is usually pretty easy if that is what is needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500