Hello from NH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kazzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, I'm trying to decide on keeping my husbands 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi with 82k miles or should I update to a 2024 before Hemi is gone? My husband always did his research, but sadly passed away and I love his truck, but am wondering if it would be to my advantage to purchase a 2024 Big Horn, similar to what I have now, as it's never seen a winter in NH only FL. I welcome your thoughts, thank you in advance.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
I am sorry for your loss, Kazzi!

As for what to do!
Well, what would you like to do?
Can you pass on the 13' and move into a new 24' so that you'll still see it and have your memories?

How is the 13' running & how is it condition wise overall?
Any issues with the engine/trans/driveline/electrical/body/frame, etc.?

If not and you have the budget to maintain it long-term, then perhaps go this route and drive it till the wheels fall off and have no payments (assuming you'd have them on a new truck...lol, and hoping you could purchase outright, cash!).

New vehicles, while warrantied, do have their own issues to contend with. Albeit, they are super nice to have because of the warranties, etc.

IMHO, it all comes down to what you have now vs. what you'd like to have.

Either way, welcome to the most incredible global resource and community there is for those of us who love our Ram trucks!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I think more about the age of your current truck, but also about your Rams low mileage.

Then on the other hand, Hemi's are on the sales lots now, there will be no other new ones after this, just used

I guess it is a pay me now or pay me later type thing

but don't go by what i say, i am going to drive my truck until it needs a new engine & them i am going to get a new engine

OP
OP
K

Kazzi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
I am sorry for your loss, Kazzi!

As for what to do!
Well, what would you like to do?
Can you pass on the 13' and move into a new 24' so that you'll still see it and have your memories?

How is the 13' running & how is it condition wise overall?
Any issues with the engine/trans/driveline/electrical/body/frame, etc.?

If not and you have the budget to maintain it long-term, then perhaps go this route and drive it till the wheels fall off and have no payments (assuming you'd have them on a new truck...lol, and hoping you could purchase outright, cash!).

New vehicles, while warrantied, do have their own issues to contend with. Albeit, they are super nice to have because of the warranties, etc.

IMHO, it all comes down to what you have now vs. what you'd like to have.

Either way, welcome to the most incredible global resource and community there is for those of us who love our Ram trucks!
Thank you for replying. The truck is in great condition as it's never seen a winter until now and I have the dealership do transmission tune ups etc. Just wondered if a new one would be a wise choice, but like you said everything has it's price and I do love this truck. Tough to make decisions sometimes without my soulmate of 47 years!

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If the body isn't rotting, and it isn't in the shop for a problem every month, I would keep it. The resale value isn't going to be great, even if it is in terrific shape, so it will be costly to upgrade. If you can hang on with what you have for 3 - 4 years, they will have the bugs worked out of the new motors, which I think are going to be good.