(Help)Ams MDS and tuner kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It came that way. The old mechanic said he got me a new block but who knows Yk.
Now I'm wondering if it's a repainted 5.7 block (factory painted them black) or a 6.1 block (factory painted them orange).
Okay . I was thinking about going with 5w -30 but I was also trying to figure out what I should fill my engine with , like which brand. It takes about 7 quarts.

Idk what brand I should go with once I put everything back together.
Personal preference, so long as it meets the OEM requirements.

OP
OP
Y

YapoInvestments

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Now I'm wondering if it's a repainted 5.7 block (factory painted them black) or a 6.1 block (factory painted them orange).

Personal preference, so long as it meets the OEM requirements.
Wow I idk what’s the difference between on the 6.1 or the 5.7. Because I’m basing all my parts and stuff on 5.7

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've seen 6.1 short blocks used with pre-eagle 5.7 heads, this way everything bolts on easy. Same stroke, bigger bore, more displacement, forged crank, performance oriented block (comes with some stiffening & piston oil squirters). Only way to know for sure is look at the side of the block underneath.

OP
OP
Y

YapoInvestments

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
I've seen 6.1 short blocks used with pre-eagle 5.7 heads, this way everything bolts on easy. Same stroke, bigger bore, more displacement, forged crank, performance oriented block (comes with some stiffening & piston oil squirters). Only way to know for sure is look at the side of the block underneath.
When I do that what am I looking for? Because I’ll take a picture of it for you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357