Help! Extremely annoyimg lamp out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
OK so here's the story, everything's great and all of a sudden ding ding and lamp out. The overhead display says passenger front turn signal out. This only occurs when the headlights are on. I figured that's because the filament changes from turn to parking light when the lights are on. So continuing it dings on bumpy conditions sometimes for a split second sometimes for up to 30 seconds. During this time if I activate the turn signal the indicator on the dash flashes very fast like a bulb is out but if the lamp out goes off it returns to normal.
To add to this mystery every once in a while I get in my truck and start it up and it dings and lamp out flashes and says that my passenger high beam low beam and turn signals are out and I have to turn on my lights flash my brights and hit the turn signal and it all resets.
So far I have changed the turn bulb and pulled the plug up by the firewall that all these connections run to and cleaned with some contact cleaner even though they looked nice and clean and corrosion free.
The only thing I've read that I haven't tried and may need some guidance with is to check the fcm for corrosion?!?!
I may be way off but I hope you guys can help with this. If needed I can take a video of the annoyingness of this situation

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
It's the taillights control board.
When you pull out the taillight there is a grey/tan housing the has basically a circuit board in it and they are known to go bed, especially the passenger side I believe
They are $15-$20 from advanced I think

OP
OP
nussdawg395

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
No go dude. I got LED tails and my overhead display says front.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Well that marks a difference lol
I would guess you need to look for a wire that's has been cut almost the whole way through or a bad ground
Either one could be shaken loose and give you a bad connection
I would try putting a multi meter on either end of the harness and find the one with the highest resistance

OP
OP
nussdawg395

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That was my next guess was a cut wire or bad ground. Oh boy time to get chasing and tracing wires.

OP
OP
nussdawg395

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Fixed! My mistake! When I put my k&n intake on, I removed a bolt on the inner fender to install a bracket for the heat shield. Under that bolt was the ground for the passenger side lights. Well I guess I didn't tighten it fully. It must have worked loose and was making poor ground. A quick turn of a wrench and I have light and no dinger going off!

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fixed! My mistake! When I put my k&n intake on, I removed a bolt on the inner fender to install a bracket for the heat shield. Under that bolt was the ground for the passenger side lights. Well I guess I didn't tighten it fully. It must have worked loose and was making poor ground. A quick turn of a wrench and I have light and no dinger going off!

The simplest things make a lot of trouble.....

frankster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Posting for info..My 2005 3500 had a brake light out on the driver's rear. Lamp out warning. Found the wire harness had been crushed at the rear where it goes over the frame. Probably happened when the previous owner had the bed lifted to install gooseneck hitch. Repaired wiring. problem fixed.
You know, when you come on here looking to find help, you too should post what fixed your truck. Many of the posts on here never say what fixed it. Common courtesy. Just saying..