Help I think I killed Kenny!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 4x4
2017 RAM, cna a bad RF module prevent the vehicle from starting?? the key fob (unlock / lock still works)... Heres what hppened I was chasing down a leak collecting under the rear seats. Found it, by the wy it was 3rd brake light mounted above the rear window. In the process I decided to do the folding rear seat mod. In the process of that, I disconnected, opened, and reconnected RF Module.

Now the truck wont start.

when I opened the RF module and inspected the board, the connections at the connector looked suspicious. (ok the reason I am in here is that my tire pressure monitor system stopped working after the leak. anyway these connections look like crimp fit, and thinking humidity was f-ing with me I hit each connection with some solder.

Thoughts??

OP
OP
D

Davood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 4x4
OK, yeah... dont do that!!! opened the RF module again and found a cold solder joint, fixed that... back to a working truck...