Help! I turn on the lights and the radio goes out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6 225
I am having all kinds of electrical issues right now, I put a CD player in the truck and wired it in using the factory harness, I've put in several different stereos in several different cars and have never had any problems out of them so I don't think I did anything wrong here, but when I turn on the headlights on my truck the CD player turns off like you turned the key off. Also when I turn on the wiper switch nothing happens but when I use a pry bar or something metal and ground the motor to the body it runs for a minute or 2 and stops any ideas there? Really needing some help here Thank you!!

OP
OP

86ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6 225
I should also mention that there was already an aftermarket radio in the truck but it was wired directly to the fuse block not spliced into the stereo harness like you would normally expect. Also the wipers worked for a while when I first got the truck and then one day stopped and then started working randomly one day and then quit again (you get the picture here completely random) The truck sat for 8 years untouched before I got it so I'm expecting some "glitches" but these are just weird to me. Thanks again for any help!!