Help me decide if this is alirght to buy please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
perusing around... is 6" of lift too excessive to be a dd? i know in the jeep world a lot of things need to done and wear out things faster

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Thats typical new england surface rust, my 05 looks the same and im right in the winter salt belt. Im not afraid of it one bit on mine. Theres a difference between surface rust and rot. That truck is nowhere near rotted and i cannot understand why everyone is turning you away from it. It sounds like a great deal and looks well maintained for being a used vehicle. I deal with used cars everyday and that truck is in damn good shape for what ive seen in new england. Go buy it and enjoy it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My question to you is, is it $17,000 worth of "damn good shape"?

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
has anybody ever bought a car/truck in another state and had it shipped? with being so picky and trying to get exactly what i want i have started looking broader and broader

i'm in PA and have found seems to be exactly what i want, generally speaking, and the dealer is being more than helpful. He sent me a few videos of the outside, inside, even had someone drive it so i could listen to the motor and tranny (it's a stick). Also another video standing outside listening to the engine rev. I will go through the trouble of trying to get stuff on youtube if you guys think this idea in general can be done with good intentions.

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
edited, removed vids. this is proving to be quite the challenge. manual tranny's with the 5.7 are 1:10 in finding them.

soupbowl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Big Horn 2500
Engine
5.7 L
I just traded in a 1998 ram w/ 105000 miles, we rarely drove it and it sat outside all the time. and had that kind of rust on it, I would have a mechanic check it out, but I dont see any issues with the surface rust.. It seems to me that it sat most of the time at 7500 miles a year.... Another plus is that it is a one owner and had most of the service work done at a dealer.... Good luck on your search...

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I just traded in a 1998 ram w/ 105000 miles, we rarely drove it and it sat outside all the time. and had that kind of rust on it, I would have a mechanic check it out, but I dont see any issues with the surface rust.. It seems to me that it sat most of the time at 7500 miles a year.... Another plus is that it is a one owner and had most of the service work done at a dealer.... Good luck on your search...

hmmm, that does ease my mind somewhat. i can't say i've totally forgotten about her. I am still searching and it is few and far between to get exactly what i want, but hey, on a used car, beggars can't be choosers eh? bittersweet, because that truck is everything i'm looking for, but the price point just turns me away.

i was straight up with the dealer and told him because of all the rust, and the wheel wells starting to turn i thought the price was considerably more than i thought it was worth. If I bought it i would get them fixed, for good, since i know how they'll end up if i don't take care of them now. i would have a tough time paying for a ride that was rusted up like that. his bottom dollar was 16,200 +399 fee. ridiculous