help me decide..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well it's finally done. the RC will be coming off next week. retightented up everything again and it still creaks like an old lady going over a bump. the stud links they said are a joke. was talking to a Darrell fella yesterday on the RC chat and he just ended my chat with zero response. Got on the phone with Mitch and he said send her back if your not happy. With pleasure! Got the RA from truck pro usa and all the return shipping is prepaid. So that's that.

i still have the pieces I cut off, reweld them back on and smooth em up, respray it and done. i did the same thing on my gmc when i traded that one back in too, no one even knew, they even certified it

Damn, sorry to hear this.
You really trading the truck in though?

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i still have the pieces I cut off, reweld them back on and smooth em up, respray it and done. i did the same thing on my gmc when i traded that one back in too, no one even knew, they even certified it

good info. One of the main things I was concerned with. I am lubing up all the bushing in the kit tonight how we do all of the o rings we run on our equipment down hole. Hoping this may prevent some creaking. My truck goes in monday for the install and will be sure to tell them to keep the pieces they cut.

Thanks and sorry about your troubles.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Man, I'm sorry things didn't work out for you. My 6" RCX went in this truck alot better than my 6" BDS went in my 09. What happened to your 37s? I was looking forward to seeing those mounted!!

OP
OP
A

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Damn, sorry to hear this.
You really trading the truck in though?

yes been on the phone all week trying to get some numbers and what not. found a few new leftover '12 cummins, those are definitely possibilities. i may just bite the bullet and order a new mega cab, but they told me it takes 2 to 3 months, not waiting that long.

good info. One of the main things I was concerned with. I am lubing up all the bushing in the kit tonight how we do all of the o rings we run on our equipment down hole. Hoping this may prevent some creaking. My truck goes in monday for the install and will be sure to tell them to keep the pieces they cut.

Thanks and sorry about your troubles.

yea i even tried loosening the sway bar and it junk clunks over every bump. was going to cut the stock links and extend them, but it don't matter now. lift if being yanked off tomorrow.

Man, I'm sorry things didn't work out for you. My 6" RCX went in this truck alot better than my 6" BDS went in my 09. What happened to your 37s? I was looking forward to seeing those mounted!!

37's are in my bedroom. if the new cummins ends up in the yard they will be wrapped in some new wheels, 6" tuff country as well as my amps.
photo11-2_zpse18b5ff9.jpg

photo12-2_zps2622235d.jpg

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If I had the experience like you did I'd be looking at other automakers. Lol Bought have me scared to do my install. I plan on keeping this truck for 3 years though and I will not be happy with it this small.
I'll probably be heading to a older duramax if something were to happen with this truck.

Good luck though!

Ram725

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins HO
Get that cummins!! Same thing I did. My 1500 had 13k miles and only 6k on the lift and I just had to have a Cummins. Go 2012. Huge rebates and discounts.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes been on the phone all week trying to get some numbers and what not. found a few new leftover '12 cummins, those are definitely possibilities. i may just bite the bullet and order a new mega cab, but they told me it takes 2 to 3 months, not waiting that long.

I too am working on a possible trade for a 12 Laramie Limited Cummins

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
already played the diesel game. I'm happy in my gasser and my pockets are heavier because of it. Even though I had relapse and tried HARD to trade my truck in. After much soul searching and reflecting I realized I'll only get another if the epa garbage stops with the diesels or I get something I need pulled. To much of a headache to get one where I'd want it. Maybe a 7.3 excursion for a bug out vehicle or an LMM when they drop a lot on the price, but good luck though guys!

OP
OP
A

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
yea i've been talking to alot of guys lately and from all the people I talked talk, most gave me the advice of not getting a diesel. they said that the bs that goes along with it and everything just wouldn't be worth it unless you really need it. which does make sense, i don't tow anything anymore, put on maybe 800 miles a month. truck is getting stripped this weekend and everything coming out and what not. pretty sure im heading back to the gm family too. those hd denali's are pure sex!

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yea i've been talking to alot of guys lately and from all the people I talked talk, most gave me the advice of not getting a diesel. they said that the bs that goes along with it and everything just wouldn't be worth it unless you really need it. which does make sense, i don't tow anything anymore, put on maybe 800 miles a month. truck is getting stripped this weekend and everything coming out and what not. pretty sure im heading back to the gm family too. those hd denali's are pure sex!

Exactly my lesson from owning and modding a diesel. I can't talk politics on here but diesel fuel has no excuse to cost more than regular fuel. The fact that I can't modify my vehicle how I want really bothers me. I drive 4-5k a month. My company pays for fuel but not oil changes so my 60 dollar gasser change as opposed to my 150 dollar diesel change has been adding up. Just heavier duty everything costs more to maintain and a waste imo if you aren't pulling and need it.

I lifted blacked out denali would be straight sickkkk. I like that gm hasn't really changed a lot of drive line components over the rears so there is a big aftermarket backing for them. It's sucked having a brand new truck and checking every day to see if a part was compatible yet. My buddy has one (i forget the size of the motor) but it is absolutely ridiculous fast.