Another direct fit muffler question. Help me decide!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLMetalHead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry, as I know this has been asked a million times before on these boards. I'm having a terrible time deciding on which direct fit muffler to go with. I've narrowed it down to 3

Magnaflow Direct Fit Muffler - Part #19433
MBRP Armor Plus Direct Fit Muffler - Part #S5143409
Aero AT3030XL Direct Fit Muffler

It's so hard to tell how they sound on the youtube videos. I'm looking for something that's slightly louder than the flowfx, but not going to wake the neighbors when I pull out to head to work in the morning. To me the Magnaflow sounds the quietest, however has an overwhelming amount of positive reviews everywhere I look. I like the sound of the MBRP from the videos I've seen, however reviews are mixed with some saying it drones pretty badly on the 5th gens. The AT3030XL looks the "sexiest", and has a really nice growl to it from the videos I've seen. Reviews are scarce online and I fear that it will be too loud.

Has anyone heard or used any of these and can offer up some insight? Please help! I don't want to pull the trigger on the wrong one.

Thank You Brothers and Sisters!

Dieldrin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 ETorque
+1 of the Magnaflow direct fit!

It was easy to install (with a hanger removal tool)
Adds growl with a little more volume. *cold starts are loud*
I've gotten many compliments and questions from other pickup owners

You will hear the MDS turn on and off every time, I never noticed with stock muffler, its now habit to turn it off as soon as I put it in drive.
The is a little drone right at 1500 RPM not 1400 not 1600, just right at 1500.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like my 18” magnaflow just fine.

curtman1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I put the Magnaflow on mine. It is a bit loud with a cold start but quiets down after a minute or 2. Sounds nice while driving but not annoying. Easy to install.