help needed with power rear sliding window 2008 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys, like the title says, I need help replacing power rear sliding window on my '08 Ram. Long story, but I had to break the glass to get into the truck the other day when I was up in the mountains. I bought a new sliding window from the local dealership, but am having trouble getting it in. I took the back seat out and most of the trim. How do those tracks come out? How involved is it? I cannot find a how-to video anywhere so I figured I'd hit up these forums. Can someone walk me through it or at least steer me in the right direction? Thanks, it would be greatly appreciated.

sylver91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Isn't it part of the entire rear window assembly? Other wise id have to think the rear track would need to be pried apart and the sliders remove on either side to get the glass out.

CKA-Hopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'd have to agree with sylver or maybe go and buy a chiltons manual for it. Idk if that would be in there but it might be.

OP
OP
D

davidm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
popped the top track out, slid the new glass in place, slid the top track back in, done...took 5 minutes of work after looking at it for 3 hours

KSMegaOwner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 MegaCab 3500
Engine
Cummins
Did the new glass have the plastic tabs on the bottom to hook the cable into for opening and closing? My plastic tab broke and I need to replace glass, but was told that I had to replace the whole window.

OP
OP
D

davidm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
there were no tabs on the glass...it just sits in the bottom track and the top track is just a guide