Help! None of my heated accessories work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iampeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
2014 ram 2500 6.4L 4x4. Exterior heated rear view mirror’s, heated steering wheel, heated seats and rear window defroster. Nothing works. No codes no fuses blown. Has anyone had this problem? Dealer says bring it in and we will “try” and find the problem. To me that sounds like hundreds and hundreds of dollars spent and no fix. Any information would greatly be appreciated!

OP
OP
Iampeter

Iampeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
No one has had this problem? I’ve read all the threads on heated seats not working. Haven’t seen any threats about everything not working.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Never heard of anyone having this problem before. That's a strange one for sure. Some of those circuits don't have anything to do with each other so it's not like 1 fuse could be causing them all to be out? Maybe something wrong with the TIPM? Check and see if you have power at the fuses with the ignition on?

Do the switches light up when you turn them on?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I wonder if the they are all tied to the outside air temperature somehow? Does the outside air temperature read correctly on the radio/dash?

OP
OP
Iampeter

Iampeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Mtnrider, of course there is no switch for the rearview mirror defroster. Which I think is strange. But yes the light on climate control is lit up for defrost. Also my seat lights come on for three or four seconds and turn off as does the heated steering wheel. Seats and wheel are the same problem as others. I have not seen a fix for those yet. I will try and see if I have power to the fuses though. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Iampeter

Iampeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Crash68, yes the outside temperatures were correct. The morning I tried to “defrost“ the rearview mirror‘s it was 64°. No frost on the mirrors but it was a humid foggy morning and I was trying to clear the mist off the mirrors. How cold does it have to be for the outside mirrors to defrost? Never had any of these problems on my GEN 3. Thanks for your input.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
there is no switch for the rearview mirror defroster. Which I think is strange. But yes the light on climate control is lit up for defrost.

The same button for the rear window defrost also turns on the side view mirror defrosters. I don't think I've ever seen a defrost for the rearview mirror before :-/

OP
OP
Iampeter

Iampeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Crash68, yeah my 04 5.9 Laramie had a switch for the heated exterior rear view mirrors. It did not have a rear window defroster. They would burn off any moisture frozen or otherwise. And the seats would cook your butt too.

OP
OP
Iampeter

Iampeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Crash68, thanks for the heads up on the rear defrost actuating the mirrors. Used my infrared thermometer to check for heat difference. I do however still have the problem with seat heaters and steering wheel heater. Push the buttons for one or all of them and they turn themselves off after three or four seconds.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutrs to reboot thr PCM.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So it sounds like you are down to just heated seats and wheel not working now? If so both of those are controlled by the "heated Seat Module" under the drivers seat so that is a common component to the seats and the steering wheel heat. There is also more then one fuse feeding that module from the diagram I saw. M08 and M09.
Not sure if that helps much but it's more data

OP
OP
Iampeter

Iampeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
So it sounds like you are down to just heated seats and wheel not working now? If so both of those are controlled by the "heated Seat Module" under the drivers seat so that is a common component to the seats and the steering wheel heat. There is also more then one fuse feeding that module from the diagram I saw. M08 and M09.
Not sure if that helps much but it's more data

Thanks! I’ll check them out.