Why Is My Remote Start Not Activating Heated Seats/ Steering Wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobmugge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Following
Im in n. Arizona and mine only works on a cool morning maybe 20% of the time. When I say cool, its not really bad but I'm assuming anything below 50* would kick on the preset warming functions with auto start.
It has to be 40 or below. I am in Florida and 45 seems FREEZING but it won't activate unless 40...

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Lord but this kind of question about a truck tells me I am too old for this world.
Just need to be willing to learn. I’ve side loaded the play store onto a fire tablet which I then bought AlfaObd from there. I then used it to change my tires size, tell the truck I have LED fogs, and turned the fog light dropout off with high beam….aka fogs lows and highs all on at same time.

RickyJ108

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not often needed here in Southern Arizona but we can have some chilly mornings. When I first bought my truck new 4 years ago, remote start would always activate the heated seats and steering wheel, but no longer. What could be wrong? Last year they had to put in a entire whole new radio, and 12 inch screen because the heated seats were coming on even when it was 70 degrees. Now, this.
Is it set to come on automatically mine has a setting so I can turn it off and leave off or it will come on at 39 degrees or lower.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
Just need to be willing to learn. I’ve side loaded the play store onto a fire tablet which I then bought AlfaObd from there. I then used it to change my tires size, tell the truck I have LED fogs, and turned the fog light dropout off with high beam….aka fogs lows and highs all on at same time.
I have used Alfaodb to change my lights and other stuff. But why? What was wrong with just putting in the lights you want and go? Why go out of your way to over complicate things?
Used my Android phone.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have used Alfaodb to change my lights and other stuff. But why? What was wrong with just putting in the lights you want and go? Why go out of your way to over complicate things?
Used my Android phone.
Can you just put lights in and have your high beams low beams and fogs all on just from a light change?

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you just put lights in and have your high beams low beams and fogs all on just from a light change?
Think you are going to tell me no because fogs will drop off with high beams on, mine don’t.

Jim Ballantyne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My heated seats and steering wheel quit working last year on remote start even though it is selected in the truck menu. Once I get in and finish the starting sequence I can turn them all on. I'ts a pain in the butt when it is sub zero outside. I've tried resetting the software, the dealer reinstalled the operating system and did a software upgrade but it still doesn't work. Of course the warranty expired about 7 months ago so any additional parts anf labor come out of my pocket. For now I am living with it. strrill looking for a fix!!