Help! Rearview mirror stuck in dim mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineCoastGurl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone... I have a 2016 Tradesman 5.7 Hemi... Recently my rearview mirror has been stuck in the "dim mode"... the mirror has my back up camera in the left side... when I put the truck in reverse and my camera feed comes on the mirror will lighten up, same as when I shut the truck off... But as soon as I start it or shift out of reverse it dims back out again... I'm at a loss on what to do... There is no button or switch to turn it off and on and nothing in the instrument panel either... Any ideas???

C-spot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello: Did you find the solution to this problem? Mine also seems to be stuck in dim mode…. To the extent that it’s difficult to see vehicles behind me even in daylight. Likewise, if I station myself on front of the mirror, I can barely see myself…..

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't have that type of rear view mirror
But i wonder, does it make a difference, if you grab the mirror & tilt it up or down

Good Luck solving the issue

C-spot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply…. No I’ve tried that and it doesn’t seem to help much. I should point out that I’ve only had the vehicle a couple of days, and yesterday I realized that it’s not actually “stuck on”, since it did lighten for a brief moment as I was driving, but for 99% of the time it remains quite dark, as I described in my original response. I can’t imagine that it’s intended to be that dark during daytime driving….

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Another thought:
in your Radio MENU or Controls, you may have different settings

Good luck