Hemi Express White and Black Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
......... yes is does when your gf buys i for you and gives it to you as an aniversary present..... some care about the ones the love

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArticRubi

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMO, this is the best mod for a zombie vehicle:
-D61B-4088-BEBC-0D5658E92836-1137-000000A1AD35709F.jpg

Moving on...
I got some renderings from Nate at ReBadge:
7-722A-49C8-981B-F5E2DC381912-900-0000008BBC54A7A3.jpg

I'm going to go with the shield on the upper right, and the lower one for the doors. The renderings look a bit grey, when printed they will be flat black background with gloss black lettering.

OP
OP
ArticRubi

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I realized something today...

I just pulled off a set of 18" XD 778 Monster's from my Jeep, wrapped in 35x12.50 Trail Grapplers. Well, these XD's have dual lug patterns...the 5 on 5 my JK needs....and the 5 on 5.5 my Ram needs :D So, that's the good. The bad: these wheels are in pretty rough shape. Lots of rock rash.

The plan: going to unmount the tires, then get to a restoration project. Combination of angle grinder with various wheels and Dremel tool and I should have these guys back to pretty in a few hours of work. Haven't decided on how I'm going to re-finish...most likely several coats of primer, followed by several coats of flat black, then a few more coats with some flat sealer. Will need new center caps also as I've smashed all of the originals :)
y5u9y6ag.jpg

ymu7y9en.jpg

OP
OP
ArticRubi

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Time to bump the tech up a notch on the forum.

So I've been looking at lifts to accommodate the 35's under here nicely, here's what I've come up with. I'm going to go with a 4" setup (yes I know 6" is about the same money,) probably Rancho, here's where it gets interesting. I'll utilize their entire front end setup, also I'll use their rear springs and shocks. I've never been a fan of drop brackets for suspension links so to keep things proper I'm going to fabricate my own suspension links out of DOM tubing, Johnny Joints, and builder parts from Synergy Suspension. It'll be a simple design, with adjustable length links so I can dial in the rear axle pinion angle, centering, and track. Nothing ground breaking, but it'll be a fun project and save a good chunk of cash...have you seen what suspension manufacturers are charging for links? Unfortunately without doing a solid axle swap up front the front suspension is out of my reach in terms of fabrication...not exactly setup to do castings for new spindles, ect :) Stay tuned kids!

OP
OP
ArticRubi

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Meh...opting out of lifting the rig. Got a little happy when I realized the lug pattern was a match. Gotta remember this is a DD, don't want to get into the expense and work or regearing. Also, dumping about $18k into the Jeep with new axles, Atlas, and rear stretch. Need to leave a bit of meat on the bone :)

Also, got in new emblems from Rebadge yesterday, will post some pics later, these things are NICE!

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool truck! Can't wait to see pictures of the new badges. Are they printed vinyl over plastic or something?

OP
OP
ArticRubi

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New badges from Nate @ ReBadge Design. Pretty slick looking...going to take all the factory bling off this weekend and get these on.

deju3ana.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
those are bad ass

OP
OP
ArticRubi

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Going to finally get around to doing the debadge/rebadge today, just gotta go find some fishing line :D

Also, looking at leveling kits, I'm thinking of going with the Rancho 2.25" leveling system. It replaces the coilovers in the front and some new shocks in the rear. I'm not a fan, at all, of spacer lifts. Anyone have any experience with this kit, or have any other recommendations?

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
haha, when I went to local Dodge dealer, told him I wanted an Express.

he said "ok"...then I talked about 20's, etc....and he said "well, 20's are extra..."...I said no they arent, I want the Express. He said yea, they come with 17's and the 4.7....after a little arguing, I schooled him what they came as, and went to a neighboring city and bought from someone that knew what they sold :D

Yea sales man are like hellen keller i swear. I said i wanted a rcsb express hes trying to sell me work truck.

Nice jeep too man .I just got a 98 cherokee xj 2dr.

Badges look sweet too.

OP
OP
ArticRubi

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick update for anyone inclined to care, truck hasn't changed much other than getting the badges on, pics to follow.

Plans in the near future; Rancho front leveling coilovers are going to get installed in up front and a set of Duratracs will get swapped on, 305/55/R20 flavor. I'll be looking for a catback system to get things breathing better because...........forced induction :what:

omaha123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l CTD
Oooohhh, Did someone say forced induction? Subbed........