hidden feature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I always use it too, don't want the cap swing against the paint on a windy day!

RockyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I always use that clip when fueling.

I admit I liked the version on my CRV better, where the cap itself slid into a clip on the door, rather than the little plastic string the cap hangs from. Mine still flops around a bit on the string when the wind is moderate.

I'm really **** about getting fuel on the paint so it probably just bugs me more than it should.

CavRedBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i use mine every time! wish these had an all-in-one cap/door like my 300 does. makes fueling a breeze when its like that.

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was surprised when I found out how many people didn't know about it, every vehicle I've driven (at least enough to require getting fuel) had a clip like this or something to hold to cap there. That'll be the day I let the cap rub against my paint while I get gas :buffer:

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500, Hemi 5.7, 3.21
I always use that clip when fueling.

I admit I liked the version on my CRV better, where the cap itself slid into a clip on the door, rather than the little plastic string the cap hangs from. Mine still flops around a bit on the string when the wind is moderate.

I'm really **** about getting fuel on the paint so it probably just bugs me more than it should.

^^^ Seems most asian cars do it this why, while most American cars have the little hangar thing (this is a completely anecdotal observation based on the 5 or 6 cars i've owned, please don't kill me for it!).

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I am in one of the two states your not allowed to pump your own fuel so I hope THEY use it and most the time they do.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First mod I did on my truck....Cut that stupid leash on the gas cap.

Now, when I fill it up; I place the cap on the truck bed rail.

Same for every new car I get - brand new or used. I'll risk a $20 gas cap; never lost one yet in 17 years of driving.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only vehicle I've ever had that didn't have a hook was both of my '78 Olds Cutlass Supreme's, but they had the filler behind the license plate and you used the cap to lock the plate down while filling.

My Charger has the hook, but the aftermarket locking cap doesn't have a tether on it, so I have to hold onto the cap while filling....

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Can't use it. ;) First thing I did was yank the factory tethered cap and switch to a locking cap then I just toss the cap on the bed-rail.

Then again I've driven across to another gas station recently and had to grab it before traffic ran it over.

Where's our other Hidden Feature Thread anyhow? I got a Great One from this week.

Last edited:

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I am in one of the two states your not allowed to pump your own fuel so I hope THEY use it and most the time they do.

here full serve has become kinda rare and most stations are self serve but the odd time i do get a full serve i always get out and watch. with these trucks i learned right away that when they click off full it means full and there's really no rounding up the price so i always tell them when it stops just stop or you'll be paying to wash the truck after gas pours all over the side

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
HEY MY CRHYSLER 200 HAS THAT LITTLE TAB TO HOLD THE GAS CAP. Only took me 4 years to relize it had it. :waytogo:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I learned about it after that other thread about hidden features. Didn't know about for a couple of months. I use it all the time, now. :D

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Nope don't even have a cap on my RAM just the Door. not sure I like it that way but hey the rubber seal on the fuel door is suposed to keep dirt and water out. So far so good.