Hoisting a vehicle with RideRite Air Bags installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WMick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey folks
Working on sprucing up the suspension on my 2004 4x4.... Sags pretty good with my 18ft car hauler behind it....
Replacing the springs and shocks..... but also looking at adding a set of Firestone Ride Rite air springs (bags) as helpers... (Just for a little extra help with those heavier loads...)
Was just reading the manual for the airbags... and this is what it says....
NOTE: Once the air helper springs are installed, it is recommended that the vehicle not be lifted by the frame, as over-extension may occur, resulting in damage to the air helper springs. However, should it become necessary to raise the vehicle by the frame, deflate both air helper springs completely.

Curious if anyone has experience with these things.?? and what you think about this warning??
Would hate to ruin the airbags simply by having someone hoist the truck..
If this is a real concern, I might need to design a device to limit the axle drop or something??

Thanks
Wayne

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Figure out your travel limit then install suspension limit straps.
Google them if you don't know what they are.

OP
OP
W

WMick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks - Makes sense that these would be available... Just never seen them before... Will Do. Thanks again.

TBONE 2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could add cradles to your axle where the bottom of the bags sit.