House, 4x4 and Suburban destroyed in fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L 295 CI Magnum V6 :(
Man I thought I was having a bad day.....I'm sorry my prayers are with you and good luck with everything!!!!!!

Sent From My HTC Thunderbolt Using Tapatalk

OP
OP
3rdStrikePerformance

3rdStrikePerformance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks everybody for all the prayers and good wishes. Insurance agent was out yesterday. Said it was an electrical fire. Only thing they are trying to determine is if it was from the lightining strike we had back in March, or the installation that the AC people done when they installed the new AC unit in May...they are supposed to have an inspector out Tuesday to figure it out. Hopefully it can be all finalized quickly and we can move on with out lives.....unfortunately, we have to get new computer equipment and everything to get the business back up. Should have it back up and going Monday though,...

OP
OP
3rdStrikePerformance

3rdStrikePerformance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I apologize for it taking so long to get back on here. Been switching hotels (twice the last 3 days). They finally determined what caused the fire - a Surge Protector of all things! Said it was blown out when the lightning hit, and shorted out. The protector had a plastic shell, which melted and caught fire. It was setting on a wood work bench, which in turn caught fire. Which in turn, caught the house on fire. Sad really. A $30 piece of equipment that is supposed to protect your house, ended up costing me mine, along with my show truck and shop truck.....really sucks. Bad thing is, we won't have a new house for at least a month. And the show truck, well, I will be lucky if they pay it off. So it looks like I am starting from scratch guys. We lost everything that day, especially my children. They have lived there for 8 years now, grew up there, so all of their childhood memories are gone, all their clothes, toys, everything....I know most of the stuff is just material, but to them, it is their lives.....so guys, please, please check your outlets/surge protectors, and update your policies to cover any additional mods you may have done to the vehicles. And make sure you document EVERYTHING in your house! And I mean EVERYTHING. .....

OP
OP
3rdStrikePerformance

3rdStrikePerformance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks to everyone who has helped out. We have a new house on order, unfortunately it will be 3-4 weeks before it is done. So we are kind of stuck right now in the middle of things. We are hoping to get the concrete poured for the slab this week, so it will be ready for the house. Sorry I haven't been on here much since this happened. It took out all of my computers, even my laptop...so I am stuck using the library's for now...

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Have you spoken to a lawyer about your loss and a possible liability the surge protector company may or may not have had? Most lawyers will give you a free consultation. It can't hurt.

OP
OP
3rdStrikePerformance

3rdStrikePerformance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you spoken to a lawyer about your loss and a possible liability the surge protector company may or may not have had? Most lawyers will give you a free consultation. It can't hurt.

Yes. Unfortunately there isn't enough of the thing left to even tell what brand it was. This fire got so hot, it melted a water pump sitting outside the garage about 20 feet away! All the aluminum hemi melted off....

mikes04hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Very sorry to hear about your losses Duane. I am glad the family is fine and wishing you the best on the new house!

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow man, so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for you and the family coming your way.

TexasCornBread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Man that's a heart breaking story hope all is well I will try to help as much a I can . Maybe I can round up some clothes and what nots .

God bless ur family

If you can't dodge it RAM it !