How can I tell it's been lowered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suseuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have another RAM to compare mine to but it seems lower than most trucks I've owned. I have a 2005 Tundra and it's at least a foot taller from the ground to the body. Now, my '95 RAM has 285/60R18 tires on it. They sure don't look like a stock size for a truck. Might it be because it's a "Sport" model.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Can you post a picture of it?

OP
OP
S

suseuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here you go
RamPassengerside.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

RamDriversside.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks about the right height for a 2wd. They just sit low. Those are aftermarket rims, no 2nd gen rams ever came with 18's from the factory. Sport is the colored bumpers you have. Truck looks sharp, I quite like :)

OP
OP
S

suseuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The tires are crazy wide. Almost seems out of proportion. I couldn't find any images of a RAM with the bed handrails? I don't know if that is aftermarket. The engine itself is pristine. I bought it from my son because he never drove it. I got it for basically nothing. I'm getting where I like driving it better than my '05 Tundra. The Tundra rides more like a luxury car. The RAM rides more like an old fashioned truck.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Nope. Stock ride height for a 2WD. That is a factory Sport, however it appears to have what I believe are Mopar dealer-added running boards.

Looks sharp. :)

OP
OP
S

suseuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked online and couldn't find an image with the Running Boards or Hand Rails on a RAM. I just thought it was odd. I'm going to throw the snow tires with the ugly rims on it today. So aftermarket the rims will be sitting in the shed until April. By then I should have the $800 put away for new rubber.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah it looks stock height to me as well, the running boards just kind of trick the eye, nice truck! :)

OP
OP
S

suseuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the compliments. Also, thanks for letting me know what the "Sport" means. I didn't realize it was just the style bumper. I tried to do a search on Dodge Sport and came up empty. It only has a 130,000 gentle miles on it. I'm not sure how much work I want to put into it. So far I think it just needs a new thermostat. It will be my commuter rig for work. I only have about a 10 minute drive each way.