How hard do you guys drive your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I baby mine, but I do like to get on the "GO" pedal every once in a while. :naughty:

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I drive the speed limit pretty much around town. On the highway or interstate I open it up a little more. I do love the sound of the Hemi's exhaust. If someone is riding my ass, then I SLOW down as this really ****** me off.

I never do the speed limit if I'm riding my Indian with Club Brothers. :happy107:

EVc96bKA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I usually go 10mph over and pass people all the time. The only thing that concerns me is when I drop it so I can pass someone. This happens every single day. I'm high mileage anyway so I should be smarter about it I suppose. But it really is a beast for a truck so it's hard not to.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
I get a whopping 11 miles to a gallon if that tells you anything lol
Rolling on 37’s, Bully dog, magnaflow exhaust, and K&N. Built it to run it lol

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I certainly couldn't drive like that, lol. You sound like the kind of people I pass on the highway, then again I'm usually driving about 20MPH over the limit like most other people do on the highways I drive on daily :waytogo:

I hate it when people take forever to get up to speed from a stop light, especially if it is on a highway. If people accelerate slow or do anything to annoy me the least bit on the road, I pass their ass; that's my policy :Big Laugh:

The thing is, I am normally passing the people on the freeway. I do most of the passing on the city streets as well. I do not take forever to leave the light, like I said, I'm 9 out of 10 times through an intersection before people are out of a the first crosswalk.. haha

I will say, Coming from my 2500 Ram with the CTD and this 1500 with a Hemi is nice.. and easy do to.

I had a Jeep Compass with a 2.0 for about 2 months. I will say, I was the LAST car leaving the light. I was in a friend Honda and I can see why people drive slow. These cars are freaking dogs. I'd have to be 100% WOT to just keep up with a car leaving the damn light.... So I kind of get why so many people are slow leaving lights.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It depends on my day or the mood.. I find myself hitting the gas probably once and a while to hear my exhaust; but I bought the truck to slow myself down which it has compared to a go fast car.

Can't say as I bought the truck to slow down so much as I got tired of being at bumper level. I was running an 08 Mazda 3S - a great urban combat vehicle. Excellent handling, very quick (not fast), and a blast to drive. Was getting almost 30mpg on my commute. But, in the end I missed my truck. I do hammer it every once in a while, and speed limits are depending on mood. Some days I try to get the best mileage, others...

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If someone is riding my ass, then I SLOW down as this really ****** me off.:happy107:

Why does this bother so many people? Make zero sense to me. If you are paying so much attention to what the person behind you is doing, then you aren't paying enough attention to what is in front of you, which is obviously much more important...

(1) Slamming on your breaks when someone is close behind (and sometimes you just have to be close to the bumper of the person in front of you) can cause a wreak, especially in inclimate weather.

(2) The closer the person behind you is the better your aerodynamics and potential mpg is. Drafting is cool and efficient :waytogo:

Nothing ****** me off more than some idiot that tries brake checking people all the time, just slows down traffic and causes accidents. Try that kind of **** to me and I WILL chase you down and run you off the road, done it before and will do it again :devilfinger:

Last edited:

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
My biggest pet peeve is when trying to pass someone driving slow and they floor it preventing you from passing.

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My biggest pet peeve is when trying to pass someone driving slow and they floor it preventing you from passing.

I actually like it when that happens as more often than not I can still over take them, which puts them in their place :Big Laugh:

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
(1) Slamming on your breaks when someone is close behind (and sometimes you just have to be close to the bumper of the person in front of you) can cause a wreak, especially in inclimate weather.

I’ve had this happen to me on the highway once. A powerstroke wanted to highway race so I bit. After he beat me I was behind him and he slammed on his brakes all the way down to 35 mph from ~75. I was so close to rear ending him, if I would have hit him I would have got out and got very violent...I was so fricken pissed

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
The old “brake check” move....lol

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If there's a car behind me and I can't even see their hood because they are so damn close I may give them a nice little brake check. Especially when there is another lane they can pass me. There is no reason to follow like an ass. Now if youre holding up traffic, driving slow in the left lane etc I can see that. Also for drafting you don't need to be on someone's ass to get the draft effect.

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Also for drafting you don't need to be on someone's ass to get the draft effect.

Well technically, you do actually; but my point is I don't care how close anyone is on my ass and neither should anyone else either as it doesn't affect your actual driving in any negative way...

So, why does it even make people like you mad? Makes no logical sense to me, as long as there isn't inclement weather or something...

Last edited:

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use to hardly ever go WOT. Once I had some work done to the exhaust things changed. Usually every time I drive I have to open her up a little. When anyone asks about my exhaust I always say I love the sound but I lost about 10 mpg after installing it.

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One, it's annoying knowing you have someone on your ass, and if you have to make an abrupt stop they wouldn't have a chance of not hitting you. I understand it's not my fault but I still don't want to be in an accident no matter who's fault it is. You can get plenty of draft effect without being right on their bumper. Also, riding someone's ass is like saying get the f out of my way. You chose to ride my ass, and I'll choose to brake real hard to miss that chipmunk that just ran in front of me :)

rvj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
I stay in the right lane, except for passing, and don't remember the last time some one prefered to tailgate me rather than pass me.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well technically, you do actually; but my point is I don't care how close anyone is on my ass and neither should anyone else either as it doesn't affect your actual driving in any negative way...

So, why does it even make people like you mad? Makes no logical sense to me, as long as there isn't inclement weather or something...

Wait until they plow into the back of you and get back to us. I have had 3 count them 3 vehicles written off by fools riding my ass and not paying attention. Whiplash all three times and weeks of my neck being stiff as a board. There is no reason to follow anyone that close but I would never brake check anyone, I just change lanes when I can and let them ride someone else's ass.